Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Calling you out Jaden

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Twerg, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Hey It's My brother from another Mother!!!!!!!!!!

2. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hopefully soon. I'm just having trouble finding the time right now. I'll get back in somehow though. :D

3. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Thought I'd come out of lurking to chime in.

You should tolerate it because used in moderation it can make people feel good.

You should not tolerate it because used in excess it can cause harm.

Taken on their own, neither of these arguments are more powerful than the other.

You counter by saying there is no difference between use and abuse, that it is not possible to use alcohol in moderation. If that is true, how do you explain how some people are able to consistently drink without causing harm to themselves and those around them, while others harm people just about every time they get drunk?

Take two relatives of mine. One is a wine buff, the other is an alcoholic. Both are middle aged and have families. One is very successful and has raised a family of excellent children. The other has destroyed his life and dragged his family into near poverty. They both drink.

Some people should not drink. I think we can all agree on that. But why condemn someone who does drink and doesn't cause harm to themselves or those around them?

Hitometer: 53,590,315 since 1995