Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

bush and ashcroft=third reich

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DunAzrael, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sorry Jake, but with that sort of logic there would be zero political debate in this country. You -have- to believe -some- of the news, consider -some- of the reports as legit, go along with this study or that study, or what's the point of trying to participate in government at all?

And then, someone says they -do- know him personally and you say that doesn't mean squat about what kind of president he is.

We have to evaluate him and his time as president by some means. Be it personal accounts or news reports or personally watching another power plant be grandfathered out of any Clean Air standards by recent Bush environmental non-protection policy, we have to develop an opinion and go vote.

And thank you all for ceasing to talk about your dicks.

2. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    2000lbs bombs, daisy cutters, cluster bombs, and tomahawk missiles are pretty damn dangerous too, just ask the thousands the US has killed and will continue to kill while "policing" the world. (i'm not against our ops in Afghanistan mind you)

When should we go after Saddam? There are a few situations:
    a) a revolution starts in his country and anti-saddam-ize forces request help.
    b) saddam-izer attacks a neighbor who we do business with
    c) saddam-izer attacks US interests

A buildup of weapons is not a valid reason to attack someone, unless they are violating some sort of weapons treaty signed in the past and the governing body of that treaty, be it the UN or US Congress, supports the attack.

Use the "oh but Saddam gassed his own people" argument all you want, but that was a decade ago and should have prompted the attack THEN, not NOW. There is no international support for it now. The US has to be more answerable to the rest of the world and more responsible/consistent with its foreign policy or we will continue to alienate our friends as well as our enemies. Unilateral moves like "Bush v. Saddam, the Rematch in the Sand!" are not appreciated by the other civilized/first&second-world countries we like to keep in our corner. The USofA needs to grow the **** up and become a reasonable and responsible -part- of the world politik, not play cowboy whenever the administration in charge feels like it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2002
  3. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Oh I agree and I never said that they should attack for those reasons. If you'll notice I phrased things in the form of questions during my posts and I stated that I would dislike violent solutions. Should we do this? etc... I was forming a train of thought so as to show why the actions of the US are not always wrong. Yet many times they are. It would be nice if they only went in when the international community asks them to. If the issue is truely pressing then surely the international community would want action to protect themselves and others. (Baring corruption of course.)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2002
  4. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I thought they weren't supposed to have nuclear weapons or biological weapons

5. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    They are not. That was part of the terms imposed upon then by the UN after the last time they invaded another country and were sent packing. UN weapons inspectors are also required, but Sadaam isn't playing by the rules, is he?

6. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    True but then in all fairness neither was the US when they were caught sending spies with the inspectors.

7. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes, terms imposed and enforced BY THE UN, so the UN is the entity which makes the decision as to whether or not saddamizer is in need of some air-mailed high explosives, not bush.

(edit) Sorry Jack, I should have read your post closer.

8. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    np That's ok.

What's wrong with him? ;)

[​IMG]

9. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    personal attacks edited out.

my mom is the ultimate example. she changes her mind so much. she believes everything the media tells her. she was a victum of patriotism during 9-11-01... she thought bush was the greatest man ever to live. now she thinks he is the antichrist and our country is going to hell because of him. lol. :D

true, there isn't much else we "regular" people have to go on besides the media. it's unfortunate because the media is not a purely objective source by any means.

10. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Of course I´m exagerating. I´m not being really serious here, I was making some kind of twisted joke...

The US is a free country I know, but freedom can be a curse as well.
    Some people are unable to handle freedom and unable to make wise decisions for themselves. Some people cannot stay away from drugs and crime on thier own. And the phrase "It´s my life, I can do whatever I want" is not a good argument.
    The more power you have over your own life the more responsible you are, not only to yourself but to the community as a whole. If people cannot handle thier own lives someone else must.

11. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't know where u get your information, but I get mine via Npr and cspan channels.

secondly, america is disallowed by UN accords 587-600, which involve the invasion of a foreign country, to march into baghdad on a pre-emptive strike.
    You would think we had a ****ing pre-crime department in washington huh?

12. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    I totally agree. Just as freedom is too difficult power for some to handle, so is technology for the human race. We rarely work to improve ourselves and our metalities. Can we really say that we are capable of responsibly handling things like weapons of mass destruction indefinetely?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2002
  13. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    There´s only one way when we talk about technology, and that is forwards.
    Technology cannot stop once it´s set in motion, this might lead to our doom or our salvation.

14. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ah well. Either way I'm getting some pasta. Anyone coming? :D

15. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    you're going to attack Italy?? :eek:

16. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    The leaning tower blocks my view of Greece.

17. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    *Skippy walks out holding two bombs*
    "No Skippy, no!"
    "Aw, Aunt Slappy!"
    "No."
    *Skippy gets bigger bombs*
    "That's a good boy."

18. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating: