Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Burning Crusade Info

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Highlights:

- The death of the 40 person raid. (No joke.)
    - The death of the competitive Honor system.
    - New Paladin and Shaman abilities.
    - Team based PvP.
    - "Hard mode" for dungeons.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3152830

Jakeman likes this.
  2. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
  3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Deadmines, hard mode level 70.

4. Twerg

Twerg MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    finally

Looks like Blizzard is making some changes for the smaller guys.

5. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Good for us. :D

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Speculations are: it's not gonna last. 40-man raids are so normal I think they will probably test the 25-man system for a few months and then go back to the 40-man system. There are so many ppl running MC nowadays so finding 39 others to join isn't really the problem.

Wouldn't mind the 25-man change though. Just means I don't have to be on standby when I get home from work late.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  7. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    i'm glad to see the 40-man raid killed, especially with encounters like thaddius where it only takes one person without a twitch reaction time to wipe your whole raid. we've been stuck on him for days because one or two people never seem to notice they're in the wrong position. it seems like since c'thun they've added more and more fights like that.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    There will be plenty for non-raiders to do in BC, but truthfully I don't think the lowering of the raid cap was intended to make raiding more accessible. It's still going to be the hardest content in the game, PUGs will not be taking down Illidan.

In fact I fear it will make end game raiding even more exclusionary. I see one of three scenarios for raid guilds:

1. Shrink the "A-team" to 25, sitting 15 more people on standby (in addition to the "benchwarmers" already in the guild). Sooner or later those not on the A-team will get bored and quit or leave. Those that leave may find similar "B-team" players from other guilds and form new guilds, but even those will likely still have gear and attendance standards.

2. Attempt to form two 25-man raid teams. Unless both teams have comparable performance and attendance, this will devolve into scenario 1 eventually.

3. Since the current broken Honor system will be going away (thank God), guilds will form a raid team and a PvP team, and those who are raiding only to get gear for PvP will be able to do what they like more often. Everyone is happy, but I expect this situation will be the exception rather than the rule.

9. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    What are they doing to the Honor system to un-break it?

10. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    No more competing with others of your faction for rank. Instead you will earn points that can be spent on gear. I'm sure you'll get more points for winning than for losing, but the point is your honor won't decay over time as it does now, and how you do relative to others won't matter. (so no need to play 24/7 at the highest ranks)

Something I thought about too, the 25 man raid thing might not be so bad if the alternatives are worthwhile. Kharazan, "hard mode," PvP will hopefully make players not mind missing a raid from time to time.

11. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Yes

Managing the roster of a 40-man raid guild is no small feat either. Can hardly wait for 25-man hardcore raid zones.

Hitometer: 53,849,880 since 1995