Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Build help

Discussion in 'Character Building' started by Aryx, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Aryx

Aryx MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I have a lvl 15 Tauren Shamen and have been mainly soloing with him so far. Since this is my first true character I want to build any ideas how I should spend the points? (Going to have to start grouping now to get through the Wailing Caverns.)

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    None of us could really tell you how to play a Shaman - we're all Alliance. From what I can tell though, Shamans are most desirable as healers.

Jakeman likes this.
  3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I don't think we have any shamans here. We play alliance.

4. Aryx

Aryx MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I have a Night Elf Druid for Alliance play, so any help would be useful since this is my first try with a Druid.

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Our resident druid healer (Moonreaver) has switched to a Horde guild on another server. Burlingame was an offensive druid, but she got tired of the game and left a while ago. Calendryll has a druid at lvl 40-something, maybe he can advise you.

6. Aryx

Aryx MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    That's...possible?!? :D
    What would be more useful to the guild: offensive or healer?

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I don't know much about druids. I am told offensive druid builds are gimped though.

A healer would be more useful, but I encourage people to build according to their own play style.

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Being a restoration spec'ed druid, you have a lot of options - pretty much the only "requirement" is that you eventually get Innervate (so good).

Of course, restoration spec'ed druids are and probably always will be the most "in-demand" build, because primary healers are going to be perpetually in short supply.

Feral and Balance druids are gimp right now, but patch 1.8 will make both much more desirable in 5- or 10-man groups. Probably raids will always just want restoration druids, although balance druids could potentially have a place in a group of mostly casters (Moonkin form grants a passive bonus to mana regeneration to the party).

Jakeman likes this.
  9. Aryx

Aryx MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Thanks, Haite. I think I go with a healer build first to try that out, since it seems like they will be in steady demand. Small groups are what I'll stick with since I have dial up(Although it is working REALLY well so far). Any ideas on how I should spend the points?

10. Stephine

Stephine Peasant

Market Rating:
    um.. i would say b offensive druid until about high 50s then respec to resto

u might have promlems soloing as resto spec

Hitometer: 53,835,306 since 1995