Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Bug? or Welcome to last week, Aleld.

Discussion in 'Warcraft 3' started by aleldtritch, Aug 8, 2002.

1. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    Earlier last week, whilest I was stuck in Driver's Ed, I got talking with my friend that sits next to me about WC3. He told about a neat little trick where if you click rapidly on a unit, he heals twice as fast. I accused him of lying, since they would have caught that early on in Beta testing, and would not have intentionally put something like that in but he diligently stuck by his outlandish claims, stating that the developers revealed it in the guide book that came along with the collectors edition. I thought nothing of it after I left class, but recently whenever I was playing and had some free time (waiting for a unit or building to finish) and happened to have a wounded unit or structure that was being healed/repaired I would test out his supposed bug.

I've had mixed results, and can't seem to figure out what causes it. Twice now, once with a building and once with a unit, the HP have shot up while I rapidly clicked it. I don't recall what percentage they had when I tried it, but it was rather low. Is there something I'm missing? Like there are known circumstances when this works, or it is a genuine bug? Or has the game gotten to me and I should shut it down before I become the first WC3 fatality, leading the media to dub it WarCrack3

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Cough... nope... I have the collectors ed. and nothing is said about that... your friend is having a laugh at your expence

3. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    When your computer is running slow, tap the control key as fast as you can. It will speed up. that also works for crosswalk signs

4. Baseera

Baseera MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    :rofl:

and elevators too!

5. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    One of my cousins seriosly believed that pressing down the right arrow key would speed up the loading sequence in Worms Armageddon.
    :banghead:

6. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    OK OK... ridicule me all you want, but I swear it works under some condition.

Anyway, another question: Is there anything I can do to increase the number of characters OSX allows in a file's name? I can't download 9/10 of the custom maps because the name is too long.

7. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i'm not sure about the filename thing.

lmao! this reminds me of when me and charly used to do hard core magic find runs on nightmare baal. he would always be talking about "game seeds" and different things that supposedly increased the magic find % of the game. :p

8. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    OS X allows for 255 character file names.

9. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    How do I set it as that, then?

Since whenever a map has over 30 or so characters in its name, it gets to 99% and says "cannot be found" yet if my friend is in the same game, gets the map, changes it to less characters, then I can download it.

10. Slayer4967

Slayer4967 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I get the same problem, and i'm on OS 9.2....

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    OS X supports it. But I think they problem may be the carbon app doesn't have support for it.

Hitometer: 53,813,480 since 1995