Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Bowazon build

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Wran, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've always had a fondness for bowazons so I want to make a ladder character.

I am leaning toward immolation/fire for my main skill and guided arrow for bosses. I would use a holy freeze mercenary for slowing down enemies.

Is this a viable build (I haven't tried any patch playing), and do I need to add a second elemental (freeze or lightning via javelin/spear)? Or can I get by with physical/fire?

Thanks!

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Sup Wran!

I haven't touched a bowazon in the beta or in the final patch. I can say that in my experience with 1.10 you need to concentrate on one type of damage. If you specialize in one thing you can kill roughly 3/4 of the monsters which is better than not being able to kill anything.

So basically don't diversify too much.

The only build that I have used that can kill everything is my sword / shield barb - http://www.mscclan.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9061 . He's uber.

Don't forget, we are all on East now. We decided to start over on East for the patch.

3. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wran that should be an "ok" build and it will work but you'll see the good old multi-shot/guided mowing them down faster. My hybrid bow/jav lvl 97 still works really well but when i need a lot of power i bring out my old zon. buriza guided / frozen / emmo (lvl 93). she is better with bosses while the hybrid is better with crowd control and the bigger the better. It just depends on how your playing her. Good luck.

4. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Did they fix the guided/pierce "bug?"

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    To my knowledge, yes.

6. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    yes they did.

7. Azazel

Azazel Peasant

Market Rating:
    even with the new patch?

8. Plasma

Plasma Peasant

Market Rating:
    humm, i have my level 43 bowazon currently... she is actually nice, i am maxing out fire arrow and explosion arrow for synergies of immolation arrow (im maxing that also). i put 5 points into strafe, for a back up incase immolation arrows timer is really getting on your nerves, i put one point into guided arrow... i dont think that the damage bonus is too great for it.... but currently my level 15 immolation arrow with about level 12 on each synergy does about 1000-1500 fire damage on explosion and about 210 fire damage a second for 3 seconds... so I think its ok. also... i recomend using kuko shakako because its all about immolation arrows, although you may not want to use it forever... im trying to round up mavina because its just a distant dream of mine... but if you can get the whole mavina set... i believe it gives +6 to bow skills, and +6 to passive skills... other than that... you probably want to use some resistance or absorb items... if your like me... i love dueling. thats all ive really got to say. ( and remember to get a valkrye(sp?)...! )

9. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I gave up on my immolation zon. The 1 second casting delay is terrible. I switched to the cold bow, since it does good damage but there isn't that stupid delay.

I have a fondness for strafe because in d2, my first character was a strafeazon.

Geez, how many years ago was d2 now?

Wran

10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    3.5 years, june / july 2000

Hitometer: 53,855,131 since 1995