Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

BOOM!!

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by BudIcePenguin, Feb 19, 2002.

1. BudIcePenguin

BudIcePenguin Peasant

Market Rating:
    So, I was setting up a performa 7300 computer, with a G3 accelorator card and PC card, and everything seemed hunky-dory. Unfortunately, this was my first time setting up a computer in the UK and I forgot to check the power setting ^^. Silly me, I fried the power supply on that thing in about .05 seconds. There was a lot of smoke, a very bad smell, and a heap of trouble. Bottom line--I need a power supply for a performa 7300 for under £115 including shipping in/to the UK! If you have a performa of a similar model (ie, the 7600, which is similar in all respects but a different video card) that you would be willing to sell for cheap or get the power supply out of, I would gladly buy. Or if you happen to know of a place that will auction power supplies in the UK, lemme know! Right now I have an expensive paper weight.

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Bummer. Ya, before we got there my dad and I went out to get a 220 to 110 V converter (computers, monitors, and most computer related appliances can handle the different cycle frequency). There are Apple Repair Centers in the UK though, look yours up.

--Haite

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    that's gonna be a pricey power supply. prolly not cost effective... that's if it's only the power supply that got fried. sometimes they take the board with them.

4. BudIcePenguin

BudIcePenguin Peasant

Market Rating:
    It looks like it was only the power supply, since there was only one loud spark and theres one clearly blown up piece, which is inside the power supply. I think it blew a transformer, since the fuses are intact and everything seems okay after the supply. The motherboard looks fine, but it still might have been hit, thanks for the heads-up jake. In my online ventures, Ive found lists of all apple repair shops in the UK, so if anyone should need em...

5. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    You fried you comp. That really sucks.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    this thread is a month old mentos :rolleyes:

7. Vokbain

Vokbain Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    :laugh: @ Mentos