Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

blizzard site teaser page, worldwide invitational

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
  2. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Its Diablo 3!!! If they don't charge me to play on battle.net like they didn't with the previous two Diablos, I might actually buy this. If they do try to charge us per month, forget it.

By the way, I cancelled my WoW account because of money problems and having absolutely no drive to play. I may reactivate with the expansion but that all depends on how Lord of the Rings Online is doing. I am too much of a Tolkien nerd to NOT play that game and I'm having too much fun running around Middle Earth with my badass hobbit.

3. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm in.

:nod:

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    That's part of it. But my meaning is more that the extra money gives Blizzard the resources to more effectively deal with the cheaters, just like in WoW.

Well I will probably switch the site over to D3 when the time comes. I can start working on superficial stuff like the style right now, but I want more information about the game before I start coding features. It sucked when I spent so much time on the Market script and then Blizzard announced the AH feature in WoW rendering it pretty much useless. Of course the current features are already written and can be easily ported to a new site and improved on.

5. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    what the hell am i going to do for the next 3-4 years while i wait :(

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    God I hope it won't take that long. Jake and I had this conversation in game the other day. The part we saw looked very polished already. Granted it was a very small part but the custom game engine looks pretty solid. It's rumored this game's been in development for a few years already, since before the original Diablo team left Blizzard. If that's true I'm hoping for something more like 12-18 months tops.

SC2 has got to be close to beta by now, and all indicators for Wrath point to a release sometime this year. The most logical path at this point seems to be get Wrath and SC2 into beta and shipping so that resources can be moved to D3. A release date in '09 isn't as far fetched as you might think.

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    auto wants to heen ;)

I am guessing 18-24 months :(

8. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    i need to ultra-heen some zombies

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    At 4:24 in the gameplay movie an elixir of vitality drops from the bookshelf. I wonder if they are using the old elixir system from diablo 1. I really liked that system because you could max all of your stats eventually and you didn't have to worry about gimping your allocatable points.

10. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    That would be good. One thing that does worry me is that loot drops still look like they will go to the fastest clicker. Of course, this is why I rarely ran with people I didn't know.

Me: "Hey that's the set piece I need."

Barbtard: "u pay me 100000 g an u can hav"

Me: "Why should I pay you? I helped kill the boss too."

Barbtard: "o wel lrn 2 clik faster"

<Barbtard has left the game.>

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    They could do like Mythos where people can only see the loot that is for them and the game automatically divvies out the loot, but that system somehow seems more appropriate for a MMO like Mythos and not for Diablo.

12. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    In one of the Blizzard Q&A panels somebody asked that question. Right now it's set up to drop different loot for each person that ONLY that person can see (for bosses - unsure of normal mobs at this point).

13. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    That would be nice. Loot shouldn't be based on who has the fastest internet connection.

Does that mean if I'm a Witch Doctor I'll only see Witch Doctor loot? Or I just get a set of random drops like everyone else? Of course with Diablo there wasn't much gear that was so class specific another class couldn't equip it.

14. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I think it's random.....

15. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well that's not so bad though. At least everyone gets some loot, instead of just the lowest ping player with a telekinesis ammy. If I get a drop that's good for you and you get one that's good for me, we simply swap.

Or if there's no trades to be had in that game, I'm sure there will be trade channels just like it D2.

"Wut u got?"

16. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=7720017221&postId=79027690664&sid=1#24

17. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Posts on loot drops and soulbound items:

Hitometer: 53,855,392 since 1995