Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

blacks are racist

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Jan 18, 2009.

1. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    I agree with lurk in that any minority with the circumstances blacks find themselves in would show the same behavior. it's not logical for obama's color to be a criteria in voting, but it's expected, and it's human. even from a white perspective I can say that it means something. it's a precedent and a psychological accomplishment. that alone is something for all people to celebrate... whether or not he turns out to be a good president. he doesn't have the history most black americans have, but I'm sure he has just enough baggage to care about the issue... since he is a black man who grew up in america.

also I think it's just a little bit unfair to say flat out that he didn't run as a black man... cause now we're thinking of blacks in terms of all that rowdy or whatever you wanna call it behavior. there are lots of "non-angry" black people in the states (not to say that they don't have a right to be angry in the first place), but I'm sure that most of obama's black voters can also appreciate his character and his behavior in non-racial terms, and probably even appreciate that he ISn't one of those everyday baggage-ridden black guys who can't win the presidency cause he has a chip on his shoulder. the black situation and cycle is frustrating for all americans, blacks especially, so this is like one step to healing if you will.

and yeah one of the biggest taboos is definitely religion... I wonder how many presidents have actually been atheists but had to keep that under wraps

2. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thomas Jefferson is the only non-Christian president I think we've ever had. And how could you deny the presidency to the guy who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

Oh, and if you do go back and look at the campaign against him, his opponent was definitely pushing the religion issue with the voting public.

Hitometer: 53,952,398 since 1995