Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

bitch thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, May 14, 2003.

1. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    They're going to hell until they pay the pope to cleanse their sins. Then when they sin again they have to break out more bucks to be forgiven. So unless they die in the confession booth they go to purgatory.

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Christians believe that as long as you believe that Jesus Christ is the one true God then you're saved. The only way to **** up is to reject him, even those ignorant of him but who live a virtuous life according to his teachings are saved.

3. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    Generally, when someone uses the "saved" terminology they are members of a more evangelical faith that found religion "later on" in their lives.

Also, to clarify, all Catholics are Christians but not all Christians are Catholic. For someone to say they have been "saved", doesn't strike me as very Catholic at all.

I agree with your sentiment though Jake. You can't really argue religion. There are a lot of opinions wrapped up in it. However, people can argue Theology all they want. There is a huge distinction.

If you know what you personally believe, in more than a very basic sense, then you can stand up to any type of missionary. I find much more satisfaction bashing someones theological standing and making them question THAT aspect rather than just ignoring the discussion all together. Everyone has their own personal "religion", if you take the most basic definition. Don't think that all the bible beaters and "saved" people are even close to being the majority of "believers". That is ignorant.

4. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:

I think you mean "Protestant" not Christian, Cow.

Sorry. Didn't see your replies in my first post.

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I made the comment to point out Halleck's friend's mistake. I'm not going to say one way or another, just that as a Catholic we aren't "saved".

6. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yeah, she found religion when she was 15 I think. Her mom is a cuban expatriate and practices Santeria (google it) talk bout ****ed up...

and no way is she my friend. damn bitch, she's really made my life worse than it's had to be recently.

7. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    segmentation faults are gay :mad:

8. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    um....yes *scratchinghead*

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    of course!

It has always confused me how men have higher car insurance rates than women. I know many more women who are bad drivers than I do men.

The explanation just occurred to me... the statistics are lying. When a woman gets pulled over, she has a much higher chance of not getting a ticket because she is a woman and most cops are men. Men don't have a female body to bargain with, so they get more tickets.

:mad:

10. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    This is true in a variety of situations. My older sister is what many would consider quite attractive (she's my sister so don't expect much more from me). She was prom/homecoming queen etc. etc. Countless times she has gotten out of tickets, gotten out of lunch bills, all sorts of things. It is sad how guys can be so easily manipulated. I also know a lot more girls who are bad drivers compared to guys. I have to agree that the statistics are, to a degree, lying on this point.

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Women are careless drivers and men are agressive drivers. Aggressive drivers get tickets more often for things like speeding and running lights, women get in more crashes and fender benders.

12. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    so the question is which is worse...?

13. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    It doesn't really matter to the insurance company. Any reason to raise your rates, they will. Married people have lower rates than single people. People that own houses have lower rates then people who rent. I wonder how they parsed those statistics out (I'm guessing the marriage thing is because they get you with 2 cars instead of just one, so they can charge you less for each?) How about your credit score? It seems odd to me that you would get a higher rate of insurance because you were late on your credit cards. I know there is a higher risk of defaulting on your car insurance (which, I suppose in turn increases their chance of paying out on an accident because of an uninsured motorist), but if they up your insurance by 33% because you have bad credit, they are setting you up for failure.

14. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    listen to this... so our dryer started on fire in our basement about two years ago and caused some damage. They had a professional of some sort look at the dryer and they determined that it was the fault of the dryer manufacturer not us. Yet, our insurance decided to drop us for some reason. Now my parents bitched because it wasnt our fault (as their pro found) and yet they still drop us as if it was our fault. So now we pay a lot more for the same insurance because the dryer manufacturer screwed up... Does it make sense? No.

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    uhh, why do they drop you when you need to use their insurance for exactly what it is meant for? That's lame.

16. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    yea... I know. Lame to the hizzah pizah :wtf:

17. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Insurance companies are evil, period.

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Insurance companies will often drop you for some obscure reason if you make claims against the policy...

You have to always remember, they are in the business to make money, not to ensure your safety and peace of mind. You cost them money and they will find some reason to drop you a good percentage of the time...

I think it is actually illeagal for them to state they dropped you since you made a claim, but they can say anything else and it is OK.

19. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    House insurance has taken a big hit in their profit margins ever since Hurricane Andrew. And there have been odd natural disasters everywhere: massive fires in California, 4 Hurricanes make landfall this year, freak tornados in places where you don't normally get them. So, the insurance companies pretty much drop people now if you make a claim against your insurance to save their profits.

Insurance companies are the devil (it makes it worse because you are legally bound to carry insurance, at least car insurance). I had to play $500 to reinstate my driver's liscense because my insurance company drop me without telling me (but managed to tell the motor vehicles department). Bastards, the whole lot of them.

20. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    The DMV sucks too... last week a friend of mine went in to renew their driver's license and it cost them $4. I went in on Tuesday to renew mine and it cost me $29....and they don't take credit. So beyond the fact that I somehow had $40 on, when I asked the DMV guy why it was so much more he just said, "oh, I don't know. The computer just spits out a number" ...bastards

Hitometer: 53,939,626 since 1995