Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

bias and political criticism

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    After watching lots of political smut lately I have begun to realize something... you can criticize your own party much more effectively than you can the opposing party, where effectiveness is in convincing members of the targeted political party.

Members of a political party tend to band together and support each other with an unquestioning loyalty. For example, if I am a democrat and I say that Bush has a bad foreign policy, then republicans will usually dismiss my criticism as being biased. But if I say that as a republican then they are much more receptive. The same is true the other way around.

You can exploit this to convince people of your political opinions by simply registering as or claiming to be a member of the targeted political party. I have tried it and it works.

2. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm a registered independent, hence I'm not taken seriously by either side. I like to keep it that way.

3. lost

lost Peasant

Market Rating:
    Party Lines

My husband says exactly the same thing. Odd.

4. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    kinda like the old addage... send in your best man disguised as the enemy

however, i think anyone intelligent.. left or right... should realize bush's disasterous presidency

Hitometer: 54,382,231 since 1995