Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Best Spell caster?

Discussion in 'Warcraft 3' started by ogopogo, Sep 12, 2002.

?

What's the best spell caster?

1. Human - Sorceress

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Human - Priest

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Orc - Witch Doctor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Orc - Shaman

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. UD - Necromancer

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. UD - Banshee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. NE - Dryads

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. NE - DotTalon

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. NE - DotClaw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Mercenary O_o does anybody use them?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    meh, polls are fun :)

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I'd say the Shaman and Necromancer are tied. Unfortunately I have little experience with the Banshee and Druid of the Talon as they were mentioned in the other thread, but I'll try them out.

3. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    I was about to vote for the Shaman. Bloodlust is an incredibly helpful move but then I realized that all the Necromancers moves are great, while some of the spells for the Shaman are slightly less useful. (Though still good.)

First of all, Necromancers have Raise Dead. The power of this move is pretty self explanitory. Sure you can dispell them but you can do that to bloodlust too. Only about half the people out there remember about dispell anyways. Second is Unholy Frenzy, which is like Bloodlust except that it deals your own unit 4 damage per second and is not autocasting. The damage is compensated by the fast HP regeneration of heros, Unholy Aura and/or Vampiric Aura and is VERY useful on Abominations and Frost Wyrms who have a lot of HP. Bloodlust is still better but this is good. Last of all, you have Cripple. Like Marn's guide says, "Cripple is the uber slow spell". It lowers enemy movement speed by -75%, attack rate by -50% and damage by -50%. It is balanced by costing 175 mana to use. Very damaging on powerful units.

Banshees are pretty good with their curse, anti-magic shell and possesion but I find that units like the Shaman and the Necromancer to be more useful in a general sense. Possession is pretty deadly though.

Edit: Besides, Necromancers have cooler hats and as everyone knows, it's the cooler hat that lends to more powerful majiks. (See avatar for example.) :p

Last edited: Sep 12, 2002
  4. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    you forget the shaman's purge though, i've killed quite a few heroes with that.. works almost like cripple

5. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    I didn't forget it, I said it is "Slightly less useful." The downside is that it slows your own men when you cure them with it. The autocast bloodlust and purge are quite useful, as can Lightning Shield at times. Lightning Shield is good but is slightly less useful the three Necro moves. Incidentally this was the only reason that I picked him over the Shaman. They are so close.

I agree, both Purge and Cripple are great for slowing down heros so you can kill them before they run off.

6. Jeff.cmg

Jeff.cmg Peasant

Market Rating:
    night elf caster > all

Druid of the talon is the most uber spellcaster because, not only does he have the anti-innerfire (fairie fire), but also he has the cyclone spell, for those of you who dont know, cyclone is the only completely uncounterable spell in the game :l

Cyclone doesnt work on air, but thats ok, because talon druids can turn into birds that rock just about anything with wings. Meh.

Edit: In a comparison with other hero-busting skills (cripple/purge/slow) cyclone can be used to toss the hero into the air. As the hero is taking his little vacation you can mass your units around the spot where he will come down and smack him around when he lands, so its just as useful to kill a hero (tho perhaps not during the middle of a large battle). Cyclone is also an interupt spell, which makes it more useful than cripple and purge in other areas (stopping starfall, blizzard, etc.)

Edit #2: Yes the FF1 black mage's hat rules all other hats in any context imaginable.

7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I like cripple, i lost like 12 tauren when an enemy undead dude did that on them... it works better on big melee units b/c big melee units are hard to kill and make skeles out of

Unholy Frenzy is Uber-H00r pimping your units up- do it on a mass of aboms and u will rape a mass of crippled tauren...

Hitometer: 53,591,844 since 1995