Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

best act/area for runes?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Rhys, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm still running around in Normal difficulty, level 27, kind of wanted to make a couple of runeword items. I haven't been able to find many runes (or socketed items lately for that matter), not sure where to look for them, any ideas?

2. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I know in Hell diff the Countess in Forgotten tower is the best source of runes, she has the best chance to drop rare runes. I tend to find alot of runes in the Bloody foothills and cow level too, and always pop chests in any difficulty level. Alot of runes come out of chests, barrels and hidden stash.

3. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    thanks

Thanks Jedsia, I'll check the countess on nightmare, i guess i have finished act 4 normal after all.
    Where are the bloody foothills? Act V?

4. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    ya, first place in act five that you go to are the Bloody foothills.

5. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    what runes are you looking for anyway? i got alot of the lower level runes in storage. I usually keep 4 of each of the runes I find (if i can, wish i had four ohms :D), so I could probably get you what you need.
    I usually play in late afternoons/evenings and off and on throughout the weekend.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i had bad luck with runes. i would do hell bloody runs 5 hours a day for a week and never get one rune.

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I used to collect runes. But then I realized there's no chance of getting the good ones and the lower runewords all suck.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah, I think they should enable Rune cubing all the way up to Zod, instead of just up to Thul. It really wouldn't make the high level runes that much easier to acquire (for us legit players, anyway), but it would at least make them accessible to those willing to stick with it long enough.

9. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    You usually get a rune when you do Act IV hephasto quest (in hell diff, I normally get a medium-rare one). Doing Act V Quest 2, rescuing barbs, you get the tal, ral, ort runes as reward (you can make ancients pledge shield).

10. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    runes I want

Jedsia, I'm looking for Amn, Tal, and Thul, I'll message you on East periodically. Thanks!

11. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    got plenty of those.

lost you tonight, forgot to write down account name. ill be on tommorrow most likely. try to catch up with you then.

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Re: runes I want

Hmm.. those are pretty common. I think all of us who are packrats will have just about any low lvl runes... up to Sol, Amn, Fal, Lum, Dol, etc.... once ya go higher than a FAL or LUM, then you're on yer own...

Look us up when you're online...

13. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    The best places for Runes from what I have seen (And Autolycus as well) is the Cow Level and the different areas before Baal.

I found an Ohm (27) rune in the Cow Level, Hell mode.

Though back-to-back acts of God, it seems as though Auto found multiple Jah (31) runes on the way down to Baal, Hell mode. (Worldstone Keep levels 1-3)

And about the Countess...I believe that she was good for runes until the patch after they gave her those drops. She now drops runes a lot, but less regularly than before. And her maximum rune drop in Hell mode is Vex (26) which is good for Silence.

Hitometer: 53,585,333 since 1995