Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

AvP 2

Discussion in 'Mac' started by Keeksy, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    Great game. Got it yesterday. Tried the first three Marine levels. Pants are wet. Why do the Aliens always come from behind??? :(

2. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm Peasant

Market Rating:
    Have you tried it online yet? I'm curious as to how fun it is with others.

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's the same as the first but with better graphics.

4. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    eh... I still think the aliens look like Giger Fashion models that have starved themselves...

5. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    :laugh:

6. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    No way!

The graphics aren't the only improvements. Everything has been tweaked. The Aliens, for example, are much deadlier now due to their pouncing ability. Pressing a single bottom lets you to leap and instantly hit any target up to 10 meters away, even something on the ceiling. The damage you inflict is insane. Aliens are actually good in online death matches now.

I play more single player, because the plot is just great. Unlike the original, there is a great deal of depth to the story. This time all three species play significant roles, and there are plenty of twists as you progress. I'm not even close to finishing, but every level so far has been great. Scripted events, authentic sounds, and detailed environments make you feel like you're trapped in some sick nightmare (if you're a Marine). In the first level of the Alien campaign, you play a "face hugger". All though you don't kill anyone, the mission isn't dull. While crawling through pipes and air ducts, you can listen in on the conversations between the unsuspecting humans. Some are very funny. The goal of the mission is to infect a host, so after you do that, you begin the next level inside your victim as a "chest buster". You even get to eat your way out! :disgusted: After evading security and finding some small mammals to eat, you mature into a drone and the real fun begins. Every mission in the game has depth. I haven't played a level where the goal is a simple as kill anything that moves. Single player just ain't like the first.

There are just so many things about this game that any fan of the Aliens or Predator films will enjoy. I haven't played much online, though I hear it's fun. Not only can your avatar be any of the three races, you can also pick between half a dozen sub-classes. This along with a wide varity of game modes, should make multiplayer appealing, especially once the AvP 2 map editing tools are released. They're free by the way.

Great game. Loads of fun. Best if played at 3 A.M. with $50 head phones and all the lights turned off. Scared the shit out of me. :D

7. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    Guess what? I just finished downloading it.

8. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm Peasant

Market Rating:
    Re: No way!

Sounds fun, the first game didn't have too much depth in SP.

9. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I like how you start as a facehugger and progress. That's a cool idea.

10. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    That actually does sound cool. Damn, I don't have time for another game...

11. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    Re: No way!

One of my friends bought the original and it came with a coupon for a free pair of underwear. The reason was because they guaranteed the soiling of the pair you were wearing at the time you played the game.

12. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Hmmm SP sounds cool , but the Alien NEVER sucked in MP... the claws on the alien are way to far reaching... aka I was able to kill a preditor from half way across the map WITH MY CLAWS... just wrong... I hope they fixed that...

13. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    In the orginal AvP the Alien could only melee. A Marine or Predator could often take one out before they got close enough to strike. Pounch now gives the Alien a ranged attack. It helps alot when your enimies have guns and makes it easier for the Alien to get first strike. :)

14. Wulf

Market Rating:
    pfft I would never die as an alien, and couldn't kill them either...

Hitometer: 53,812,826 since 1995