Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

athletics...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaeric, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I used to skateboard a little bit. I kept falling so I gave it up.

That's what skateboarding is... looking good while you fall.

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Don't assume that I didn't skateboard. I was skateboarding when it wasn't a stupid ****ing fad.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    lol

I was doing it before it was cool :p

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I did it before it was cool. Only for about two years then I realized it was a stupid ****ing waste of time and took up real sports. This was around 1992.

5. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    Fad? I've never had a passion for a fad in my life. Ever. I do what I have a passion for. I have a passion for computers, then I do it. I have a passion for skateboarding, so I do it.

What do you have a passion for?

Maybe you just didn't learn or didnt have friends around to do it. 1992... eh? you were.... what.... 6? 7? 8? We all drop interests like shit at that age. I just so happen to love what I do and the feeling of ecstacy one get's from doing the tricks and just plain rolling. A fad has NEVER had this big of a subculture.

Real sports as well, in your terms, would be a waste of time. Posting on a forum is a BIG waste of time, but we all do it. If a fun waste of time is enjoyable, then what the hell is wrong with it? We all know we get nowhere by chatting about the topics here (this one included) but we do it anyway. It's called an interest.

Edit- and it isn't 'cool' the way it is presented on TV commercials and such. See how popular skateboarders are at school. We aren't.

6. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    but in finding enjoyingment by posting here it cesses to be a waste of time. I think that personal enjoyment and/or enlightenment trumps many other things you could be doing with your time. Sure, I could spend all my time studying and activily planning for my future, but how much fun would that be?

7. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    exactly.

8. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    skating's a sport, because the people who are good at it have video games made based on them. I can see how some would hate 'them damn drugged-out skater punks', and how skateboards shouldn't be allowed on sidewalks for fear of hurting pedestrians, but I really think that it's cool to see people do tricks and I want it to stay status quo.

No, I am not now, nor have never been, a member of a skater group.

And I have not had any excercize (except Dance Dance Revolution) since the end of sophomore year Phys. Ed.

9. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    can I get a witness?!?!

Hitometer: 53,857,385 since 1995