Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

At last

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Paganor, Sep 16, 2000.

1. Paganor

Paganor Peasant

Market Rating:
    well i got my "pirated copy" of the game at least.... [​IMG] cause no one sells Diablo2 original here in Turkey(not even for PC). I'll wait the DVD version of BAldur's Gate then i will order them both from US. Shipping prices does matter [​IMG]))
    i finished ACT one easily, without dying and only saving for four times. AS a Level 15 Paladin i have some stupid weapons and armour. No good resistance and thorns skill level 6. I usually go into action directly and everybody surrounds me in a second, for that i choosed this skill in first place (i have other skills as well like charge). The game was far easy from original diablo. The game is a little bit difficult but the bosses are far too easy to beat. The mercenaries are imbecile. They open doors they aren't supposed to open they stuck in some rooms instead of following me, they go after a monster at sight an they die quickly of course. And i'm waiting for advises from more qualified paladins then me. see you soon on Bnet. (You can translate it as "gimme a working cd-key" [​IMG])))) (this was a joke. really!!!!!!!!)

2. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Acts 2 and 3 get rapidly harder, but for a real challenge if you're an experienced D1 player, you'll have to wait for either NM and Hell diff or soloing (or 2 person teams - more fun) in 8 player games.

There are about ten or more different viable ways to play a paladin (as opposed to barbs where if you're not using whirlwind you're pretty much just fooling around). My advice is to pick one of the following combo's and stick with it. You can only use one aura at a time, so you might as well make it good. Some good choices are:

A. conversion / thorns. I really dislike this combo, but every paladin on the ladder uses it. Apparently it works like a charm in hell / hell.

B. vengance / conviction (concentration). My first paladin tried this. Very dependent on mana steal. i.e. good jewelry and high base damage.

C. charge / holy freeze (concentration). Slows everything down, but let's you equip a two handed-weapon and open up a can of "whop-ass" while everything else is in slow motion.

D. zeal / holy freeze (concentration) (vigor). Don't neglect dexterity and attack rating bonuses with this combo or you will be sucking hard by the time you reach nightmare games. From what I hear, lvl 20 zeal still misses at least half the time even with scepters that "ignore target defence" which normally let's you hit almost constantly with other attacks. Fast attack speed is also key here, hence the vigor suggestion.

E. Concentration / Blessed Hammer. Possibly a bug, possibly not. The damage doesn't display correctly in your character screen. At lvl 24 on each aura, each hammer does about 900 damage... not too shabby. I just made a paladin with this combo and am enjoying it greatly. As effective as whirlwind, but still requires strategy because the path of the hammers has blind spots. If it is a bug, you really should try it before blizzard patches it. It's too much fun.

Holy freeze and conviction "stick" for several seconds, so a common strategy is to stick a bunch of monsters with those auras and then switch to a different aura (commonly concentration).

There are other auras that are helpful obviously. Meditation, redemption, salvation, and holy shield all have their uses as complementary skills (meditation and salvation are more party friendly of course).

The whole point of having auras is to share them with friends, so I highly reccomend you start playing some sort of network games with your paladin ASAP. TCP / IP games with someone else in your area should work well even if you don't have a valid CD key yet.

3. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    One more thing. For GOD'S SAKE don't waste a single point on "Fist of the Heavens". I can't begin to tell you how much this skill sucks in every conceivable situation (some say it's good PvP... but apparently lvl 24 does like 5-6 damage against a sorceress with one of her magic armors on - and conviction doesn't help with this in PvP).

Hitometer: 53,595,133 since 1995