Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

ASTEROIDS!!

Discussion in 'Planetarion' started by cowofwar, Feb 6, 2001.

1. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    How the hell do I initiate? I just built a scope amplifier, I have everything required to find asteroids but I don't know how to scan. HOW DO I SCAN AND INITIATE 'ROIDS?!?!?!?!?

2. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Waves

Go to the waves section, there you cab build astroid wave scans, once you collect some astroids go to resources where youcan initiate them, but it does cost metal to initiate. Also build wave amps too, there moe amps you have the greater chance you have to find roids, once you get over 200 roids you will start getting a really low cahncew to find them.

dont try to get more than 40 roids per 250,000 points, or else you might be attacker for those roids, its always best to have enough points per roid, and alwasys let someone else hog all the roids.

3. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    roid scanning and initiating

Chance of finding an asteroid with an asteroid scan:
    (up 'till 200 asteroids)
    30% * (1+ # wave amplifiers / # asteroids)

(after 200 asteroids)
    30% * (# wave amplifiers / # asteroids)

You need to get up to "scope amplifier" on the tech tree so you can build asteroid scans.

A good rule of thumb is to keep at least twice as many wave amplifiers as you have asteroids until you're done initiating your own asteroids.

After you've built asteroid scans, launched them (no coords needed, just the total #), you'll see how many asteroids you found (0 is possible if you don't have enough amps).

After you've scanned uninitiated asteroids, you need to go to the resources page to initiate them.

Cost of initiation = 1000 + (250* # of roids) metal

When to stop initiating and start raiding is a personal choice, but I'd say it falls realistically between 30 and 90 asteroids, depending on how agressive/patient you are.

Hitometer: 53,594,607 since 1995