Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

assassins planned

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by charlybrown, May 12, 2001.

1. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    I already planned 4 types of assassins in terms of skill, equip, play-style etc...

Qi Gong Master: Focusing on magical fighting style ie, pheonix strike, dragon flight, mind blast...

Shadow Trapper: Focusing on trap fighting style and use the first shadow to let her cast extra traps so you can save mana. Death Sentry, Wake of imferno, Lightning sentry.

Royal Assassin: Focusing on using poison (hence the way kings get assassinated). Venom, shadow disciplines, some martical arts

Ninja: Focusing on extra speed and fighting power, and trowing skills. Tiger stike, Dragon claw, Bust of speed, Blade fury.

I didn't mention all the skills needed but cobra strike is probably the one which will be required for all types of assassin, 40% leech is a lot, cut to half in nm/hell, you still get 20% leech, and to mana too.

I still have to test them all once the expac is released. The ninja is very probable to be able to charge up to 9 charges with extra speed of bust, but he will lack of ma gical damage. I will probably come up with a very versatile assassin for hardcore playing who can deal with all situations....

So what do you think of my plan? any suggestions and comments are welcomed, feel comfortable to criticize me...it's not carved in cement anyway.

2. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am waiting to plan mine till I know the skill stats when it is released for the Mac. There is way too much speculation as to what does what for me to decide. Plus, I still don't understand the powerup stuff and the difference between powering-up and and attacking normal or using a finishing move. I don't have enough info on the duration of the powerup either. One beta tester said that it appears that the charge will only last 15 seconds, others have said that it seems to last till it is used.

I need more info to make a plan! Though I will say that it appears that the traps are very underpowered. We'll see if that changes.

3. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Charge ups works like this.

you hit using charge up skill: you get one charge of that skill type rotating around you, like Io rotating around Jupiter. If you miss the hit, you don't get the charge. According to the europe tour done by Bill Roper, charges only last for 8 seconds, after that they are gone... So you rather concentrate on getting 3 charges over 2 types of charge ups or use bust of speed and high AR to hit all charging.

Charging can only be released with final blows, which are the four right most skills on the tree...

4. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    i have my druid all planned out, mainly hurricane and werewolf skills. feral rage looks sweet

5. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    You can't acctually do shape and elemental all together...

You have to split them into a few skill combos: I'll maybe do that as well when Diablooii.net will update their druid page so I see all the skill and lvl 1 stats.

Basically I will carry a 2 handed maul type weapon with my shifter and use Oak sage. but I will use a scepter or wand with fastest and mana for elemental summoner, will use wolverine spirit instead.

6. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    i know you cant cast hurricane while in the wolf form

7. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Beta testers are reporting that you can release the charge with a normal attack as well. A few of the testers feel that the finishing moves (final blows) are not really worth it (high in mana not much extra, plus some take a while to execute). They are charging up the cobra one (I think this is the damage one?) and the one that does the crazy leach. They will then use the normal attack and supposedly the charge-ups are released. Crazy stuff from what I hear

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah, neat idea with the charge ups but I wonder how feasible they are in the D2 format. Looks like it might get a little too cumbersome with the keyboard and mouse, but we'll see.

9. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah, I am making a Were-druid... all summon dire wolves and Werewolf skills for me :p

10. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    According to some beta reports, cobra stike require a final blow to be released...

11. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
  12. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:

Hitometer: 53,813,092 since 1995