Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Assasins

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by LordMercer, Dec 23, 2003.

1. LordMercer

LordMercer Peasant

Market Rating:
    I want to build a good assasin but everything I try doesn't turn out well. They should be more powerful with the new patch but I can't get it right. any advice?

2. LordMercer

LordMercer Peasant

Market Rating:
    People are reading this, but i'm not getting any feedback. Atleast say hello.......... I am the FNG here!

3. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    it all depends on the kind of assasin that you want to be. wether it is trap finishing meneuver or shadow. I like the traps and i also put a few into the claw masteries to help her with her claw attacks. i dont like the skills for the other one because they take time to power up. every monster you attack gets a power spirit and then you usually need to wait to find another monster to attack but you dont get enough time to use the finishing move. I usually create a trap assasin because they are fun to play but it is way harder to kill any bosses because you runn out of mana to get her traps to kill the bosses. i never knew what to put stat points in to get my assasin just right. i would ask my girlfriend she is good at assasins and she is in the 8 grade. i never see her the net to ask her about the assaisn so i get easily confuse in stats.

4. LordMercer

LordMercer Peasant

Market Rating:
    The last one I built, I focused on the fire traps, but they didn't seem to have much of an effect on anything. is lightning better? what about using the lightning traps and dual claw mastery? How good is mind blast?

5. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    I would recomend a cmobo of fire and lighting because in hell and nightmare youll have resist monsters of specific elements. i have a barb that has a 2oo attack magical damage. but the assasin i would say a combo traps and put plenty of points into the mastery if you want to use claws and katars. That helps you out with the damage and how often youll hit.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I would help you if I could, but I have absolutely no experience with assassins. cowofwar has an ass so he might be able to help you. cow?

7. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    We all have an "ass", donĀ“t we?

8. Azazel

Azazel Peasant

Market Rating:
    :bendover: :whip:

Should have seen that one coming :santa:

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    oh i meant cow is an ass. :tardbang:

10. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    My ass uses mainly Death Sentry and martial arts. She rocks. Dual Bartuks helps a lot. ;)

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    You need really really really good claws for claw assassins to work. Otherwise you can go with traps, and frankly I hate traps.

But assassins are the fastest characters to level at the bottom levels. Just dump all your points into claw mastery.

12. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Kick builds are great if your poor and can't afford duel bartuc's etc.

20 points in tiger strike, and 20 points in dragon tail (the fire explosion one) is all you need. You'll also want 7 or so in burst of speed. The rest of your skills are open, my ass is going to max shadow master and death sentry in addition to TS and DT. I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest or my skills. So far, I'm level 70 and doing great.

You could also go with blade fury and venom. You don't even need to use a claw for this build, any high damage one-handed weapon will work. Also, all you need is one point in blade fury, and 20 points in venom, so you have tons of open skill points. I've heard people suggest that you use a crescent moon (shael+um+tir) berzerker axe, it does plenty of damage, and has a 11% (or something thereabouts) chance to cast static field along with a few other abilities.

13. LordMercer

LordMercer Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thanks for all of the help. I will experiment with these formulas and get back here with the results. I am still slow at leveling so don't hold your breath.

14. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    well, I'm building an asn in 1.10 and am planing to make her a meteor pheonix strike girl. Pumping fire claws, Phoenix strike and blades of ice for syneriges.

When you rely on the pheonix strike attacks, claw mastery is not as important as your main damage is elemental and is not effected by the mastery. Leaving me points to spend in syneriges and shadow master. I don't plan to use any traps, but may use blades for distance and one point is all you need for them.

Another useful thing to remember with blades is that when you cast them, "chance to cast when attacking" mods go off like crazy, so keep those handy. Cresent moon would be insane, with static field going off. Also, if using blade shield, it utilizes equipment bonuses, like crushing blow, slows target, etc.

So don't discount your blade tree as useless and it needs very little skill point investment and no synergies.

15. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    I charge up ass death sentry with bean burritos. :yeah:

16. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    worse than necro poison :sick:

17. BIG T

BIG T Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have found the best combo for Ass. is to freeze your enemies and use a barb merc to go to town on 'em.

Hitometer: 53,595,623 since 1995