Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Are rogues really that weak?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by ProXie, May 9, 2006.

1. ProXie

ProXie Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hi there,

I doubt any of you know me except for Jake. No, I'm not in your clan. I'm just looking for some logical insight. After reading the WoW forums 24 hours straight, my thoughts are a bit mixed up.

I know it's a bad habit but I read the WoW forums every now and then. I haven't played in a few months but when I did play, rogues were great in PVP. Now that I'm getting back into the game, after reading the WoW forums and the 300 threads about rogues being gimped, I'm not sure who to believe.

I know end-game for rogues is questionable but I have a great guild that is willing to give me a spot at 60.

Are rogues that bad now at PVP? Would you guys say I should with a different race?

Thanks a lot for the help!

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Rogues are a pretty good PvP class against cloth, good for sneaking around and taking out the mages and healers. A group of them can wreak havoc on flag defense, also make good flag runners in WSG with sprint. So, no, I'd say rogues are not weak at PvP.

3. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I know I get get ganked a lot if I dont keep traps up constantly. As usual it depends on gear I think. Ive had some rogues sneak up and do some pretty weak damage while others own me in about 4 secs.

4. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Rogues are definitely not gimped. What I think most rogues complain about is having more energy but damage-wise they are up there. Rogues are definitely gear-dependent though so make sure you can get the best possible gear for your spec.

5. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah, the recent change to the tier zero armor really helps with that energy bit. Also, its come down a lot to a rogue evasion tanking Vael if we have some aggro issues.

Hitometer: 53,855,588 since 1995