Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Are Gambling and Magic Find Really Mutually Exclusive...?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Kalgareth, Dec 19, 2000.

1. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    Last night I sat down to do a little gambling at then end of my flayer runs with about 800k. I have stacked my lance barb with magic find... I think I have 130% total with all my items... and began to gamble away... I was gambling on all jewlry(rings & ammys) as well as gauntlets and leather armor(looking for Blink Bat)... In the past I haven't really had that much luck on the gambling sceen... My first barb spent countless hours gambling for soj's and eyes but never came up with more than a rare ring... However this night was much different... I got Blinkbat, a Stone of Jordan, a + skills prismatic RARE Barb Ammy and some really nice rare gauntlets as well as the unique hunters bow which I gambled for by accident. Now this enormous success... in one sitting nonetheless... is making me debate all the info that olon has given about magic find not affecting gambling... Unless I just happen to have some insane amount of luck... highly unlikely IMHO... magic find MUST have an affect on gambling. I have neither the time nor the technical knowledge to decifer Diablo Code but I just can't explain this... Three Uniques and Two Rares in one night? Not possible... My suggestion to everyone is to keep the magic find on whenever you are gambling... It might make a difference....

Kal

2. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have had luck like that. I started my current necro on Sunday and got him to clvl 9(this is all on sunday right now). So my bow is a lvl 9, I enter my private game with 600K gold (so 12+ rings can be gambled)+ mandal and nagel drop it all, come back with my necro. I figure that i can just go after unique and dual rings. After I spent all the gold I got 2 stones and a 5/6 dual leach (with +1 to light to boot! haha).

Now I did have to move a stone to another person before I could get the second, but I think that I had good luck myself. Three good rings in about 13 ring gambling attempts. That's nice.

------------------
    Cheese makes the world a tastier place!

3. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well, when asked about this I've always said "in theory" it doesn't help. Blizzard has officiallly in many places (at least 4 or 5 times in the Chaos Sanctuary) said that magic find does not help gambling.

That said, probability and lucky streaks are a wierd and mysterious thing. Does taking a rabbit's foot with you to Vegas when you hit the blackjack table help you win more money? Who knows? If the dealer has fast hands and is an animal rights freak, it will probably hurt you!

In the case of D2, it could be very possible that the blizzard employees writing the official online strategy guide don't have a clue what the programmers really did. If you're having good luck with gambling, don't rock the boat. If however, you hit a cold streak again at some point, that's pretty much what you would expect if the Chaos Sanctuary folks aren't lying to us.

99.9% of my "wisdom" is word of mouth. Very few of the things I post about were thought of / rigorously tested by myself. So if I'm wrong, don't blame me! [​IMG]

Hitometer: 53,594,164 since 1995