Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

AQ20 Staff

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
  2. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I wouldn't turn it down. :D

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Good Luck on that. Ossirian is the last boss and he's harder than most MC bosses. He can literally 1-shot a tank with full Might gear. My guild can't do him unless we have the right people and even then we wipe sometimes. Keep in mind that a guild that is fully equipped with tier 2 items and have 4 AQ40 bosses on farm status still have a difficult time with him tells you that he's no push-over and PUG or co-op raids probably won't stand a chance against him.

Maybe if you can get hard-core raid guild to take you along will you might have a chance to get it. This is the 3rd best staff in the whole game for casters (AQ40 quest staff and Nef's staff is #1 and #2) and it has a very low drop %. Our guild have killed him over 20 times and he have only dropped it once.

4. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    that's all very impressive, why do you have such a problem with ossirian? i've killed him with 13 players... the encounter is pretty simple.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Elaborating on your strategy might help, unless you just want to drop insinuation in which case you are trolling.

6. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'll do it for him :). Basically this is how I do this encounter. First off get 2-3 tanks. Secondly, have everyone mount up before the fight, this is pretty critical until you have him at the first Pylon. Okay, you want your party to be pretty heavy on anyone who can do a type of Elemental Damage, Fire, Arcane, Nature, Ice, Shadow, blah blah blah.
    Have a mounted rogue (Rogues are almost completely useless for this fight other than as this) go up and Line of Sight pull Ossirian to the the first Pylon (which barring anything terrible will be right by that blue stone in the middle of the room)
    DO NOT TANK HIM YET.
    As soon as he is off the stairs, have someone click the pylon and the rogue just runs right by/around it, making sure to keep out of reach. Once Ossirian is Debuffed by the pylon, have the tanks start fighting for aggro. You have 30 seconds to do damage of the type that he is vulnerable too as well as move him to the next pylon (which should be scouted out by said rogue on mount). Occasionally Ossirian will knock everyone back, and you basically have to scramble back to him, or let him come to the tank, either way works, and nature resist can help you resist this. He also has an attack that envelopes the current tank in winds, causing a temporary loss of aggro and this is why you have the offtanks. Once the effect ends, he will usually go to the main tank again.
    So basically run around sundering the boss, etc and whittle him down. Should take about 10-15 minutes for the entire fight depending on +damage gear/ number of Casters. We had the Caster Pants and the Staff of Ruins drop last night... No Cloak of the shifting sands though ;_; (Had a warrior in the guild take the first one, on our first kill no less which meant no calls, and haven't seen another one since) At least the instance is a quick clear, at about 3 hours if you don't do Ayamiss.

Edited to make it less a block of text.
    Also, as an amusing aside, I am the only warrior in our guild to ever survive dragging him to a pylon while he was at full strength. +dodge gear for the win.

Jakeman likes this.
  7. Wulf

Market Rating:
    I hope that helps some. It took us a good three to four hours of graveyard zergging, Slim-Jim Snapping, Macho Man Randy Savage style wiping on him to figure it out when the instance first came out.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Thanks Wulf. Considering the farthest I've been into AQ20 is the first two mobs just inside the door, I'm thinking I'll have a bit of work before I get to do Ossirian. I note that whoever turns in his head gets a pretty good necklace as well.

9. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Ah yes. Also, the Big Blue Meanie... err Buru The Gorger is one of the most fun fights ever. But I might have already said that before :)

10. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    wulf pretty much nailed it, but i disagree with rogues being useless. if you get a nature debuff on him, deadly poison ticks for a LOT of damage.

we normally just have a druid run around and ping the locations of the crystals and cyclones, while we do a counter-clockwise circle around the room.

the main thing to focus on in the encounter is keeping two debuffs on him, he's easily tankable with two debuffs and his HP goes down quickly. as long as your casters can keep it in their pants and dont go crazy when they see their favorite element up there it's a piece of cake.

11. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    let's get it on! :hump:

12. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Yeah, Auto is right. I forgot about the poisons thing. :sad:

13. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's usually the case when we do it. Our mages like to get on top in the dps meters. You also forget that he have a curse of tongue spell so sometimes our dps isn't there and chasing him around is really a drag. Like I said before, if we don't get the right combination we usually fail. Also finding the crystals becomes a big issue even with a rogue on an elite mount. If they are too far apart, the tanks usually die before the debuff gets on him. So it's really a game of luck. You get a series of crystals that are close or you find it fast then he's easy. You run into a series of crystals that are far apart or you can't find it, you get a wipe.

What I was trying to point out was that a co-op of guilds would be insanely hard against him. On top of that, if your raid can kill him, then you should be able to do a lot of the bosses in MC since tanking him would pretty much require some really decent gear. However, you have to remember that MSC is a small guild and don't have the necessary personnel to populate ZG so you have to account for that and I'm pretty sure that if you did kill him with 13, then ZG would be a 2 hour run for you. But for them, completing ZG would still be an accomplishment.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  14. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Not to be negative or anything, but that sounds like you really need to tell them to get their act together more than anything else. The fight can be hard, yes, but it is not Un-finishable. Not even if the crystals are super far apart. Heck if you REALLY need them to be close together, have someone running around the corners, popping the crystals you aren't near so more respawn.

15. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
  16. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    You know the requirements to get that?

I think that thing will cost me about 350 dkp. The quest item only dropped once for us and that's from Sartura (3rd AQ40 boss).

Hitometer: 53,558,083 since 1995