Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Anyone in Act 3 Nightmare or Higher please Help!!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by DrSpunj, Aug 3, 2000.

1. DrSpunj

DrSpunj Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm playing a Bowazon, currently just levelling up in Normal before jumping to Nightmare. From reading some posts on Dii.net I have learned that the best bow to Imbue is a Large Gothic Bow that is dropped/found occasionally in Act III Nightmare, usually at least Act IV Nightmare or in Hell difficulty. I'm hoping/asking someone can grab one for me and I can meet you in a game to get it from you. I have gold (who doesn't) and also some of the gems from the Soulstone quest that I really don't need to pay you for your time. It does NOT have to be Superior (whenever you Imbue you get a rare of the Base Item, it loses all Superior features with the Imbue) but does have to plain/non-magical (ie. White Text).

I would wait until I got there and then go back and Imbue, but apparently the best time to Imbue a Bow is Lvl 30-35 and I'm already above 30. I know I'll be greater than 35th level by the time I'd find one on my own.

If anyone can help me out please let me know!

Thanks!!!
    DrSpunj
    LadyHeartseeker

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Uh..There will be quite a high level requirement, never mind the dex and str requirements.

------------------
    [​IMG]
    Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!

3. DrSpunj

DrSpunj Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes, I am aware of the attribute requirements, 118 Dex and 95 Str, which I will meet within a couple levels.
    It's more important that I can Imbue the Gothic Bow during these next few levels, even if I can't use the bow for a few more. Different magical prefixes and suffixes are only available at certain character levels. I'm trying to maximize my chances of getting a +2 to Amazon skills bonus on the best bow out there. I can certainly wait till I get to Nightmare 3/4 to find one myself and Imbue it, but at that point I will also have available many other magical prefixes and suffixes that are less desirable on a bow, like Elemental 50% resistance, etc.

DrSpunj

4. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    I found u a gothic bow. its not socketed but its magicle. if u want it icq me at 38525699 or email, alanoconnor@hotmail.com or mud@halo-net.com.

------------------
    mud
    When?

5. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Um, if it's magic already Charsi won't let it get imbued, so we'll have to keep on looking.

6. DrSpunj

DrSpunj Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yeah, Olon's right Mud. Charsi won't Imbue ANYTHING other than a plain, non-magical, non-socketed, "white-text"ed item. So I'm looking for a white-text Gothic Bow, which is the exceptional Long War Bow and the best bow in the game to Imbue.

On the other hand, while I'm waiting for that plain Bow to Imbue, what magical Gothic Bow did u happen to find? Hmmm? :-P

DrSpunj

7. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    its 4% steal life

8. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    damn! I found a rare one, but i thought u only want the plain one to imbuse so i sold it. Well guess i'll have to keep looking then

------------------
    In the biginning Universe was born. This has made many people angry and was regarded as a bad move.

9. DrSpunj

DrSpunj Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thanks for trying guys, but after thinking about it, I'm really only interested in the plain, white-text Gothic Bow so I can use my Normal Imbue on it. Call me a purist, but I don't have a lot left to trade for a kick-@$$ Rare Gothic Bow like you just sold away anyway, and I'd feel like I owed you something. I do have the Gems from Mephisto's soulstone quest to give whoever for a plain Gothic Bow though, which I consider fairly equal since it's not magical or anything. Heck, technically I've heard the bows are SOLD by Asheara in Act III and Jamella in Act IV in NM and by everybody in Hell. All I need is a willing shopper!

Thanks for trying,
    DrSpunj

10. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have never found items for sale that u dont find in normal mode. Ive never seen anyone selling exceptinal items.

I found u 2 different items too, a amulet thats 50% resestant or 50% leght reduced of poison and it also has + 1 to all amazon skills. The next is a crossbow, it is an exeptinal, thta is + 1 to all amazon skills. it not nearly as dmaging as the gothic but + 1 too all.

------------------
    mud
    When?

11. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Also the gotic bow requires 110 dex and 90 str.

------------------
    mud
    When?

12. DrSpunj

DrSpunj Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thanks for the +1 Amazon stuff! When & where can I meet you to get it??? I'm on vacation this week so most anytime from 10am-12mn should be okay, though I don't check my e-mail or this board more than twice a day.

I think you're right about no one selling exceptional items. Whoever said/heard that must have been mistaken. I'm still holding out with my Amazon though for a plain Gothic Bow to Imbue at/near her current level. Worst case scenario is I build up another character, like my Paladin nearing the end of Act 2 Normal, and look for a bow in NM for my Amazon.

Thanks,
    DrSpunj

13. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well both items are on my closed character. im frre almost anday as loang as it is 8pm pacific time or later. bu not to late right now, maybe up to 11pm

------------------
    mud
    When?

Hitometer: 53,859,657 since 1995