Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Any one have tips to improve performance?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Hellz Yeah, Jul 26, 2000.

1. Hellz Yeah

Hellz Yeah Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hi everyone! Does anyone have any ideas on how to boost performance? I've noticed that my framerate really starts to lag when I move between areas, it's especially bad when I use a waypoint and end up getting clobbered on the other end by a gang of monsters while my system's trying to catch up. I've got a Beige G3/300 with 256 megs of ram and a Voodoo 2, I'd appreciate it if anyone had any suggestions.

Hellz

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    It does that on every system. My G4 lags when loading a new area. Not really much you can do. Just do to a new area and wait a few while it loads. That's what most people do.

------------------
    I'm gonna kill you 'til you're dead!

3. Rustam

Rustam Peasant

Market Rating:
    You can improve performance the way Jakeman did: dump your G3 and get a G4!

Grrrr!

4. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am not sure how much this will help but I partitioned my drive so that I have a separate 2 Gig drive that I have Diablo 2 installed on. I am using an iMac DV SE and have had no problems with the game save one, it all of a sudden had no idea that my mouse was there. I had just saved Cain and went to leave the area and my mouse stopped working. After some screwing around it worked, but both buttons were a left click. I restarted the program and all is well. With no textures being kept in memory there are a few places that will always pause, mostly when you kill something that causes and enviromental change. A good example of that is when you clean out the Den of Evil. On the last kill the whole game just stops for a few seconds, the the textures for the illuminated Den load and things move on. You can run it in software mode and see if that helps. Not much else that I am doing. I do have VM off and the memory requirements are exactly what it is asking for, I think 78 MBish. Sorry if this doesn't help much and I hope that some answers lie within this mess of a response.

------------------
    They are big, bad, and furry!

5. BUDDAH

BUDDAH Peasant

Market Rating:
    actually i partitioned my drive because D2 was crashing after I went from single player to online. I have had no problems since.

It might like a nice chunk of space to roam.

------------------
    -------
    happiness is not a simple thing.
    -------

Hitometer: 53,593,014 since 1995