Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Any first impressions?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Twerg, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Are you talking about players trying to train mobs to you? I see people trying it (although they could just be running for their lives) but I hardly ever see it work. Usually the mobs just go into evade since you've done nothing to get on their hate list. Sometimes you could get the Twilight mobs in Silithus to aggro on someone else but not reliably.

2. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've had plenty of experience with this. The way it works is that you have to get one of the mobs that the other guy aggro'd and once that mob start chasing you, you can start aggro'ing other mobs. Then when you lose all aggro with ice block, all the mobs will chase the other guy (if he's still in combat) because the one that he aggro'd will share hate with the ones you aggro. Think of it as though the other guy feared the mob and it ran into more mobs. It works the same way (unless Blizzard changed the mechanics).

There is a limitation to this though. If the mobs you aggro were a distance away (say 50 yards away from where you aggro the opposition's mob) then all that you aggro'd won't train to him when you Ice Block. It's kinda like the limit where the mob that you aggro'd would run back to it's spawn point when you ran too far without damaging it (one of the reasons I don't like Molten Armor). I've trained a mob 400 yards because it kept hitting me with Molten Armor on.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Using a combination of my epic flying mount, wowhead.com, and the map coordinate mod, I have been knocking out the remaining trash quests for gold rewards. Wowhead.com gives coords for quest objectives in the comments, and I can fly straight to those objectives, pick them up, and fly straight back to the NPC very quickly. Quests are giving out between 10 and 15 gold, and I can complete some in just a couple minutes.

4. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've been working on my key quests. So far I'm keyed for The Eye (25 man raid instance key that's just like the Drakefire Talisman for Onyxia) and Karahzan (10 man raid instance; downed 2 bosses in there as well). I'm still in the process of getting keyed for Mount Hyjal but this will be a while since revered rep. is required for 2 instances and not everyone has the rep to obtain keys for the Heroic mode of the dungeons.

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Well after 2 months of play I have reached a plateau in my grinding and itemization. I have farmed more primals than I care to count. Now I am relaxing a bit.

I still need my heroic key for lower city and CoT. There are 5 heroic keys total, right? I currently have 3 (hellfire, tempest, coilfang).

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Any extra primals you want to donate to a fellow mage? :deal:

Yeah I think that's right.

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I got impatient towards the end and burned the primal stock I was trying to maintain, and bought the rest on the AH. :p

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Did you just grind the respective dungeons over and over to get to revered? I'm running into issues pulling 5-man groups together, and while I hate pugging I will do it just for the rep. There are some drops in Heroic mode that I want.

I took a mini-break from the game after BC came out and now am finding that many of the quality players I like to run with have tired of the 5-man grind and have moved onto KZ or just quit doing dungeons. I'm working on KZ attunement, but just finding a group capable of getting to Murmur's room for the first fragment has been a challenge.

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I mostly just pugged my way to revered in shadow labs. I got lots of poor groups, but in most cases we were able to finish the whole thing. I contributed my knowledge of some hard pulls to help things along.

There is definitely a curve of player interest, where you can fall behind other players and then no one wants to run the stuff you want to. There are always pugs available, you just have to put up with the frustration of bad groups. And of course you can always call on friends like me to fill your groups.

I have all of my heroic keys, so I tend to only run heroics. Heroic groups are very cliquey. I run so many heroics that certain good players have recognized that I am good so they keep asking me back. Less hardcore players have a harder time getting regular groups.

10. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    :love: Oh I know that, and I will probably take you up on it, like I tried to last night. Finding DPS classes usually isn't an issue. Finding a decent tank or healer is.

IOP is full of great people, but they are more or less a larger version of MSC, everyone has their own playtimes and in-game interests. I have no problem with that, it's actually nice not to HAVE to show up raid-ready at the same time every night. The downside is that it's sometimes hard getting a balanced group that's on the same page.

Actually part of my problem with SL is that I may not be quite geared enough for it. In my haste to get KZ attuned, I'm sorta skipping over a lot of the other Auch instances, not to mention HFC and Coilfang. My gear is not terrible for where I am, just could be better.

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I was pretty topped out, but lately I have been working on "icing." I have farmed up a sizable gold savings, put 20 slotters in all bag and bank slots, and got some expensive enchants like soulfrost.

Hitometer: 53,587,109 since 1995