Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

another pc vs mac debate

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Autolycus, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    haite's not a mac user, just a mac owner. remember? :nya:

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    So you say Auto, so you say...

--Haite

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    you sure bash a lot auto. are you insecure in your platform of choice? :nya:

4. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    nope. i just find it irritating that theres so much windows talk on a mac board.. keep it in the PC forum. jake gave you a kennel, now sit, stay. good boy.

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    then you're a troll. that's the only other motivation for your constant pc bashing.

Attached Files:

6. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    fine by me. PC troll on a mac board. who would've thought :rolleyes:

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    mac users who blindly hate other platforms are lame, sorry. i hope you realize there is that other 95% of the market out there.

8. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    I assume its ok to hate other platforms beacuse there inferior and to like PC user less beacuse they could have and should have bought a Mac?

9. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    What makes you think its blindly? Winblows just sucks. period.

I think Auto actually realizes this isnt a mac-gaming board. The title is just wrong. Look at the poll, 20% dont even have a mac. Many more game on their PC instead.

Although, I am starting to get very frustrated with all the crappy ports coming out. Mac gaming has been going downhill a lot lately. I just installed Giants and I hate it. You cant do anything else on the computer when you run it (cant switch it to background). Medal of Honor is going to suck because Aspyr got a hold of it (can you say Alice, or Wolf).

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    It costs money to port a game. 5% of comp users use macs. 3% use their macs for gaming. 1% have a good enough mac to actually play the games.

PC hardware is advancing much quicker than mac hardware. Only the high end macintosh machines can run what the medium level pc machines can run. Will the present macs be able to run Unreal Tournament 2003 and Unreal 2 which come out later this year?

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    guests can vote on the poll too (only once, cookie enforced). so many of those votes are guests. considering many of the guests on this site are people from vbulletin.org and .com viewing my site's hacks and stuff... well, like 99% of those people don't have macs.

//edit: windows 98 kernal sucks (98 / Me operating systems), NT4 kernal sucks, anything before those suck, NT5+ is uber win (win 2k and XP) - very solid, excellent performance, good security. you saying "windows sucks" makes it hard for me to take your opinions seriously. i have more experience with pcs than most everyone here, so i should know.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2002
  12. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    You are so gonna get flamed for that one :nod:.

--Haite

13. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i work on pcs all day long. i fix them, build them, upgrade them, toubleshoot them, hack them, i'm certified with HP and Compaq, i have my A+ and N+ certs, i have taken the NT4 and 2000 MCSE instructor lead courses. i think it's safe to say i know more about pcs than most people here.

14. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I wasn't gonna be the one to flame you, I just thought someone else would.

--Haite

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    :flame2: ;)

16. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Fair enough, burn yourself then ;).

--Haite

17. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    Were each entitled to our opinions. Of the points you made, yes performance is excellent, but I disagree with security and being solid. Anyways, since your interested, the main reason would be that when theres a task I want to do, how quickly (with good results) I can do that task is what makes a great computer. Some tasks, winblows couldnt do. But I dont really want to get into a discussion about it, since neither of us are going to convince anything to the other. We each have and use our platform of choice.

But the point I was trying to make is you should not say that a mac person 'blindly hates other platforms', as I dont think that there are any (how can anybody be blind to winblows?, its everywhere). Personally, I think of the reverse, that winblows users blindly hate the Mac platform.

Guess Ill go ahead and comment on Cows comments while Im at it. Lol, sorry, its the reverse, Mac hardware is advancing much quicker than PC hardware (for example, still no PC laptop comes close to the size, weight, functionality, and performance of the Powerbook G4). My SIX year old PowerMac 8500 runs all the current games fine, so yes the present Macs will be able to run the unreal2s.

Guess this makes me a Troll too. But, Jakeman (and Cow), your also a Troll for bashing the Mac all the time (and on a Mac board :wtf:).

18. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    Hmm. The processing of those smilies isnt left to right.

19. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i don't bash, i criticise with good reason. same with cow. are you an apple sales person? "no PC laptop comes close to the size, weight, functionality, and performance of the Powerbook G4" :rolleyes: shall we benchmark? yes, TiBooks are very functional though, as is all mac hardware in apple's niche market. and they have a great shell.

some people are sold on the apple sales pitch. some aren't. i am one that is not sold on mac performance.

just so no one jumps to conclusions, i use both mac and pc. my platform of choice? ... both.

windows is insecure if you don't know what you're doing. the default settings are less secure than most other operating systems. you have to know how to tighten down the OS.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2002
  20. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    you would be if you sat in front of MY machine for 10 minutes..

Hitometer: 53,555,234 since 1995