Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

another bug?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Onisama, Dec 21, 2000.

1. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    Noticed this first on the D2.net forums, then decided to check it out myself.

It seems as though the Barbarian's Battle Orders no longer reset when you reshout.

Used to be that if you used a second BO before the first one expired, your life and mana would reset to original values (before the BO). Now, if you shout again before the first shout ends, you are just resetting the duration, all life/mana you gained stays.

I don't know whether this is a bug or an intentional fix. Either way it is a step in the wrong direction. Barbs needed the maul and sword bug fixes, but they didn't need a boost as well. They're already insanely easy to play.

btw
    Olon mentioned this to me yesterday, and I saw it on the D2.net forums today, Jarulf (D2.net sage and source of a lot of the more technical info that Olon passes along to us) is suggesting that the H cube can now make rares.

Of course he didn't come right out and say that, but he did hint very strongly.

2. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    You serious????????? If it works it'll be really cool, we can just keep on cubing to get something really good

3. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    I doubt that it would be very easy at all to create a rare from the cube. Nevertheless I'm probably going to fool around to see if I can come up with anything on one of my open chars.

4. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    I wonder how its gonna work heh, 6 perfect of a kind? or maybe, 6 perfect gem of each kind, or something like that.......I am gonna go mess around with it with my open 2. Lets see who can create a rare first [​IMG]

------------------
    "comedy is what happens to other people"

5. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Back on the battle orders topic, I think this actually makes a barb much more party friendly. It was never a big deal to cast another BO and leach back the life and mana that dropped down, but newbie Sorceresses, Necros, and hammerdins would always whine "your battle cry is hurting me!". Now a partied spellcaster can come back for the occasional refresher and not have to worry about losing half their life or stocked up mana.

Not that barbs are likely to become less selfish and start partying more, but when they do they will be more useful.

I've got lvl 19 Battle Orders on my selfish high magic find lance barb... one more option to ask for if your sorc/necro/hammerdin needs a hand with something.

6. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well I think barbs are pretty good for tanking. Actually a group of amazons and a barb can make a pretty good party. In places like river or cs a barb needs help with the ranged attack baddies, where the zon's multi and fa comes handy. An the zon needs a front man who can tank and his iq a touch higher then the valkyrie's (not all barbs meet thi criteria [​IMG] ).

------------------
    It's too bad she won't live, but then again who does...

[This message has been edited by Zitta (edited 12-22-2000).]

7. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by olon97:

Not that barbs are likely to become less selfish and start partying more, but when they do they will be more useful.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see my lack of desire to party as selfish [​IMG]

Just because I actually want some of the stuff that falls while I'm taking the brunt of the melee damage for the non-melee chars.

my biggest ***** about partying with people I don't know. They _always_ grab the good stuff while I am WWing (and keeping the pressure off them), and they always bit*h when I stop to pick stuff up because they "get hurt"

partying with strangers sucks. We need more huge clan member games!!!

Hitometer: 53,811,998 since 1995