Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Aneeda new wand!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Haite, Feb 13, 2001.

1. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I've been tempted by Ume's but I know there's better out there. I need it to have +2 all skills and Fastest cast rate, all other items are optional but additional individual skills +'s will definately spark my interest. My current wand has +2 all skills, Fire resist, adds fire damage, +1 Bone Spear, enhanced damage (15-36, pretty damn good for a wand :D)amd + to light radius. What I'm really after is the fastest cast rate, but being a Necro dependant on the + to skills I wouldn't trade unless it has +2. I'm on USWest and would prefer to pay in skulls, however I have some other decent items which I will post if anyone is inerested. Thanks in advance.

--Haite

2. BrakShow

BrakShow Peasant

Market Rating:
    Just so ya know (maybe ya already do) you can buy that wand at a vendor if all you really care about is +2 to skills and fastest cast rate. At clvl 30 you can get it/use it. It would be called the Necromancer's wand of the Magus. That isn't too hard to get by going back and forth outta town and back to the vendor. But a rare one with those two mods and a couple other decent ones will run you A LOT of skulls. Since you can't gamble them people consider rare wands that are good worth more than the usual rare. That kind of rare would be at least an SOJ and much more if it had decent resists and/or lots of mana with some other + to specific skills that people use. It is really hard to get your hands on a rare as good or better than umes, even though they are out there.

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Well first of all I'd like to start by asking if you're on USEast, if so then I think I ought to mention that from what I've heard the trading community on USWest seems to vary slightly. I do happen to use USWest and from what I've seen wands aren't nearly as pricy as you make it out to be. Ume's goes for roughly 0.4-0.6 of an SOJ (since that seems to be universal currency) or around 3-5 Perfect Skulls. This I can afford and is what I'm targeting. My ideal wand would have the afore mentioned +2 skills, fastest cast rate, +3 to either Iron Maiden, Bone Spirit, Fire Golem, Golem Mastery or Summon Reist, and a generous mana boost (+40 or more). In other words, I'm looking for what Ume's has but with some extra +'s to individual skills that I use frequently. Of course this comes with a price so I was expecting in the range of 4-6 Perfect Skulls.

--Haite

4. BrakShow

BrakShow Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hello, yup I'm on west and you are more or less correct on the value of umes. Umes are easy to get yes, but rare ones better than umes are usually much more than umes from what I've seen. Especially if it has +3 to skills like IM or BS and a mana boost. A unique wand drop is much more likely to give you +2skills and fastest cast via the umes than a rare drop is. I heard somebody say this, it's kinda funny...the uniques are merely rare, some even common, and it's the rares that are truly unique. Granted you could find rares with the same stats but rares are much more rare than uniques. And with wands and scepters and exceptionals the trade cost is just amplified because of the impossibility of gambling them.

I think we are close on umes, I see usually about .5 - .75 SOJ. But a rare with +2 skills, fastest cast, and +3 to a good skill with a good mana boost you are talking 2-4 or more soj (using your coversion rate to skulls (.5 soj = about 4 skulls) that's about 16-32 skulls, and that's what I meant by A LOT of skulls). I've seen them on the diabloii.net trading forum being offered 6 and 8 soj for really high end (+3 to Bone spear and IM + mana and a resist) wands like that. The trade value of wands ramps up very fast for some reason. A good example is that Maelstrom is only very slightly better than umes (in my opinion) but it goes for 1.5 - 2 soj. I don't really like it or agree with it either because I am trying to level up a necro too and would like to find something better than my Umes, but wanted to tell you the reality that my search has yielded. Well anyway, good luck, let us know if you get that awesome deal you are looking for.

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I got my Ume's today in exchange for a rare bone helm with some nice stats. 55 DEF, +35 mana, +55 life, and something like 28% fire resist. There might have been more, I didn't have it very long. Anyway I'll keep my eyes peeled for better wands. This completes all my primary necro items, all I need now is jewellery, preferrably 2 SOJs and a +2 Prismatic ammy. This will probably take a while anyway partly because of the lvl 67 req. on +2 amulets.

--Haite

6. B*tchSmack234

B*tchSmack234 Peasant

Market Rating:
    is it possible to get the actual "prismatic" prefix on rare amulets? i have never seen a rare ammy that has all 4 resistances in the twenties, as prismatic does, but i have seen ammys that give some resist to 2 resistances and have +2 skills (only 3 prefixs and 3 suffixs, right?), but they go for several SoJs.

7. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    Rare Prismatics...

The most definitely exist... I have four that I am currently not using but like to look at... one has +1 barb skills, the other leech, and the final one mf... The resists are all around 20...

Kal

Hitometer: 53,849,919 since 1995