Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Ancient Tunnels really IS good exp.

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, May 22, 2001.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    wow. I was playing the Ancient Tunnels under the Lost City last night for exp. Cow is always saying they give you good experience. He wasn't joking!

2. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    It kick ass down there. The sewers are another good place to go and I have found them to be rather "bow friendly" with drops. They are normally not the best bows, but they help out the less than 20 crowd a bit!

3. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    :eek:

I got three lance drops in the Ancient Tunnels last night (and that was in nightmare difficulty). Once was regular, one was magical with 5% life steel, one was superior with dual enhanced.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes, ancient tunnels. And once you've beat the game and you're looking for exp then level in the flayer jungle. Not in river of flame. Guys in river don't give much exp and they do mega magic damage.
    If you level in the flayer there are waaaay more guys that more than compensate for the smaller exp. You die less and to top it all off you find shit loads of rares.

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    well, dying less is good for HC. :D

I was playing the Ancient Tunnels this morning and got another regular lance.

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Duh :D

--Haite

7. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well, flayer vs river, really depends on your level. At level 81 i get much more exp from the river or outer steppes than in A3.

8. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Not when there are 6 other lance barbs competing for the same exp.

9. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    You know, this may or may not be coincidence, but I seem to get a more than average amount of rare and unique drops in the Tamoe Highlands, and more uniques in Act 1 in general. The last few times I've played there I've gotten at least 3 rare or unique drops. Everyone says Flayer is the place to item hunt, but I wonder. I've gotten more uniques from Act 1 than any other area, including from the bosses. My Wormskull, Goldwrap, and Iceblink are all Act 1 drops, and I've also gotten other less notable uniques in the past few days, the Snakecord and Jade Tan Do. There's nothing worth doing in the Tamoe, everyone just runs through on their way to the Monastery. Kinda the same way most people probably ignore the Ancient Tunnels. It makes me wonder if Blizz set it that way on purpose, increasing exp gain and item drop frequency in areas they know few people go to.

10. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I played for 15 minutes this morning and had a rare gothic sword drop, rare light plate boots, and iron jong bang drop in the tunnels. Nice catch.

11. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    if it was best item drop and best exp area, people would have found out already...drops really depends on monsters drop percent and your MF percent...

as for flayer vs rof... you really have to be picky, hell flayer is not suited for sorceress at all.. they are fast and very risky to gather up for area effective casts of SF but for char who kills one by one or by small pack such as barbarian and amazon, it's great to be in flayer.....the main thing in flayer is that there are more enemy count so you get more drops obviously...but a bug river is good for gem hunting ;)

Hitometer: 53,585,310 since 1995