Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Ambrosia has been FORSAKEN!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterHalleck, Nov 20, 2000.

1. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    I went on Ambrosia's site. On the 'upcoming' menu they have RagnaroK listed... but what they don't say is that THEY ARE NOW MAKING PC CONVERSIONS FOR THEIR NEWER GAMES!!!! Who is with me in my trek to go cross-country and personally STRANGLE MATT BURCH?!?!

------------------
    The only difference between me and Steve Jobs is that he is a god.

2. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm Peasant

Market Rating:
    Do you have some difficulty understanding that Ambrosia is a company? Companies want to make money. Releasing software for more than one platform means more people can buy the software. More people=more $$$. Games are costing more and more to develop, and it takes more sales to break even and then make a profit. I fail to see why it is so awful for a company to want to make more money through a port. Its not like they said they were dropping Mac support.

Edit:I read "Sneak Snapz: Joining the Dark Side by Ben Spees" about Ragnarok, and the author mentions that they do not "have any great love for Windows." He also mentions that "[He thinks] this will actually result in a better game experience." because of the increased number of players.

[This message has been edited by zxcvbnm (edited 11-20-2000).]

3. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    bull****.

------------------
    The only difference between me and Steve Jobs is that he is a god.

4. Edward

Edward Unregistered

zxcvbnm is right, there is nothing wrong with going into the pc market. of course, if Ambrosia decides 2 years later to drop mac gaming, then we should mount a crusade to destroy the infidels there.

------------------
    Edward, the Black Prince

5. Paganor

Paganor Peasant

Market Rating:
    They can't drop mac support cause no one on pc side will buy their crappy games
    and if they do..............WHO CARES!!!!

6. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Umm, only 1 game s going to pc for now. dont get in a big ol hissy fit.

------------------
    mud

"A man who knows himself is a man, but a man who does not know himself is not a man but a three legged ratman"

7. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    yeah, but next thing you now they'll be bought out by microsoft and you'll never see another ambrosia game on the Mac ever again (I'm not speaking about any companines in particular, not naming names or anything....*cough* bungie *cough cough*) Now they are sell-outs.

Hitometer: 53,551,670 since 1995