Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Am I just stupid or what?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Baseera, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Baseera

Baseera MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I know the title has left me open to all sorts of abuse but.....

I was reading in the trading forum about Jaha crafting and recrafting a pike until it was OMG for his to hit stats. How in the world do you re-craft items?:confused:

2. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    With the cube, I think.

3. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well you craft a weapon with a rune(ort or fal) a perfect gem( saph, ruby, emerald, amethyst) and a jewel(any jewel, i use ones with stupid stats i would never put in something) in the cube with the weapon and transmute it, and you can do it over and over however many times you like, and crafted items are imbuable

4. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    do crafted items keep their mods when you imbue them, or just get new ones?

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    but for socking rune words you don't have to use the cube, right?

6. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    crafted items get new mods when imbued (the old ones disappear), the craft/imbue system would be horribly broken otherwise.

no cube necessary for making rune words, just plunk the runes into the item in the right order.

that brings up a question though, on those big runewords, which way do the sockets flow? You start at the top left corner, but do you then go down for the second socket or do you go across to the right?

7. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I made a backup "honor" phase blade yesterday (5 sockets). The first rune went in the middle, then I believe they went clockwise starting in the top left (not sure about that - mainly just noticed the first one going in the middle).

Of course, as long as you place the runes in the proper order, the'll find their proper places automatically.

8. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    a backup?! :laugh:

look me up next time you spot "another" phase blade. :)

thx for the info on placement. I was really wondering about that one.

9. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    yeah, same thing with my decapitator. the amn went in the middle then they went clockwise starting in the upper left

10. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's a "backup" in the sense that I can now switch shields with a hotkey (between big defense with +2 skills and ok defense with great resists) and still be using the same weapon.

I have a 3 socket phase blade muled away I belive, for the (small) chance in hell that I ever find the runes to make "fury".

If I find a socketable or 5 socket blade I'll keep clannies in mind - there are quite a few up and coming paladins now after all. ;)

11. Baseera

Baseera MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    speaking of sockets...

I just finished my four socketed crystal sword. It now has 4p Emeralds in it. My necro does 700+ damage....unfortunately the poor underdeveloped loser only has a 37% chance to hit.

On the lighter side, since I used a crystal sword, I can give it to my level 10 druid and kick some ace!:D

12. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Giving weapons to spell casters was a novel idea on Blizzard's part, but they're totally impractical without a passive AR-boosting skill. By the time you get to hell difficulty you just can't hit diddly without an AR of over a thousand, and without any +% to AR skills there's not much that can be done.

--Haite

13. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    p emeralds req level 18, your gonna have to wait to use that sword with your druid

14. Baseera

Baseera MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    AAARRRRRGGGHHH!! Stupid level requirements. I found that out as I was playing just before I fell into a deep coma-like....coma. Oh well, I guess I'll have to play my druid for a while.

What do you mean you can craft items over and over? You mean find more stuff and then try again or can you UNDO a crappy craft and try again?

15. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    you can craft a crafted item

16. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think the only benefit of recrafting a crafted item is that you don't have to search for a same magical weapon type, for example finding a magical war pike may take you a day...so if you keep recrafting the same item you don't have to go find the item.

The crafted item is considered as a magical weapon when crafting and a plain item when imbue...hope that clears out all the wondering why recrafting and blah blah...

17. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    crafting can also turn out as a really nice item, olon's hydra bow for example

Hitometer: 53,850,818 since 1995