Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Alright, this is it :-)

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Alteren, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Sorry to thjose of you that have seen this before. I'll just copy an e-mail I sent to a buddy of mine. That says it better than anything.

Here's what I've decided.

Once my credit limit resets after I pay my next credit card bill (plenty of money in bank, but $500 credit limit fell quickly to various presents I had to purchase this month :-)), I plan on getting the 6 month subscription. I'll play that out, see where I'm at, and then decide what to do from there. Plenty of people have found a balance of playing this game while doing work and school, so I want to give that its fair shot.

That'll probably be around April 8th or 9th. Usually, I get the ability to pay my bill online the 6th or 7th of the month and it takes a day or two to process it. I have WoW back on my laptop and main PC with all the various patches and hotfixes, so I'll be ready to go when that time comes.

Would you mind a young priest running around? :-). I got to liking that a lot with my Undead, so it'll be good this go around.

In other news, I've been needing a new mouse for my laptop. The one I have hooked in there now is 10 years old and doesn't have a scroll wheel. I checked http://www.bestbuy.com, and even the cheapest mice have wheels. They have some cool mice with features I would never have even thought to include, but I'll probably just go with a cheap one. I'd consider a wireless mouse, because my laptop desk is small. Any time I can eliminate a cord is a good time :-)

When I was poking around the Best Buy site, I found my way to the Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1122655672232&type=product&skuId=7424441) that people are always talking about on the WoW forums. It has lots of extra keys for more macros, and a little screen at the top. The other features are great too. You should at least take a look at the list.

I may invest in that keyboard for my laptop. It's pretty nice even when not used for gaming.

Anyway, I've got to get going for now. I hope I've brought some good news for you :-).

Cya soon.

-Greg

2. ColdHeat

ColdHeat MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    sounds good its nice to see that your comming back!! ill run around with either my pally or priest with you to lvl they 12 and 13. i really wouldnt go with a wireless mouse because of batterys i hate my dads. just say so when you wanna go lvling.

3. Alteren

Market Rating:
    Thanks man.

I found a couple wireless that either A). have built in battery and a charging station or B) have two batteries where one charges the other and then they switch....ok, i'm not a hardware guy so I don't get that totally :-).

Anyway, I wouldn't something that caused me to keep buying AAs. If it came down to that, I'd buy the cheapest mouse I could find with a wheel. I could probably spend $10, and it woudl be better than the 10 year old mouse I have now :-)

4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I use the logitech DiNovo set (keyboard with detached keypad and wireless mouse, all bluetooth). It's expensive, incredibly expensive ($200+) but the mouse is rechargeable and the keyboard, while using 4 AAs, has not needed new batteries in three months of use. The mediapad has an LCD that eats up power like no tomorrow but I don't use it. I love the keyboard because it's basically a laptop keyboard taken out and made wireless.

Buying a keyboard specifically because it is good for gaming seems like a bad investment in computer technology, and I've always had bad luck with third-party software interfacing with programs (i.e. the G15's LCD that tracks ammo and such while playing various FPSs).

Don't buy a 6-month subscription if you already know WoW is hard to handle. I suggest taking a break, getting back together with your RL friends, having a good time bowling or going to a concert or something, and realize that WoW is not your social life, nor should it be.

I'm stuck in a rut trying to cut down myself. (funny story - RL friend of mine wanted to quit. He called Blizzard, explaining that finals were in two weeks and he needed to study, and wanted to cancel his account, so instead of cancelling they offered him two free weeks...)

5. Alteren

Market Rating:
    My personal life is just fine. Believe me that and school are #1. If that were an issue, I wouldn't even consider coming back :-)

I'm not one of these people who sits and thinks about WoW all the time, adn I don't let games liek this take over my life.

Nothing I do with this, or any other game, will be at the expense of more important aspects of my life :-)

Hitometer: 53,597,285 since 1995