Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Almost back from vacation!!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Moose, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I finally found a moment when there is technology present to hit the internet. This vacation is killing me! So, what's new out there? What are the impressions of the x-pac?

Lurk, how's the druid going? Auto, what are your recommendations for an assassin. I am bummbing big time. I think that I will be able to get on maybe late Saturday night to start an assassin. I am going to name her Moosassin. Haha. I thought that was funny.

I will have lots of new pictures to post from this vacation. We were just a day too early on Mount Hood. Apparently a guy planted his ice axe incorrectly and slid into a sulfer vent. Toast!

Ok, here is what I want:

1. what character you started
    2. How far have you gotten
    3. Build suggestions
    4. Impressions of the x-pac
    5. anything else you want

I will see this on saturday night so fill this thread up! Thanks all!

2. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    1) mac_Kandrak, Assassin
    2) Level 20, end of A2 normal
    3) Stick w/ Martial arts. I don't think traps are going to be of much use. Funny aside, my conjured shadow warrior has more hit points than my main character does...

:laugh:

4) Bosses seem easier. I was afraid of the bosses before, but Andariel was easy enough and Duriel was okay in a 6 player game...
    5) A shiny new Power Mac. Oh. You meant comments.

3. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    1) mac_Aisha lvl 78 assassin
    2) she's a matriarch :D
    3) tiger strike, cobra strike, shadow master, mind blast and death sentry. all the other skills (besides claw mastery) are moot.
    4) its awesome as hell, too bad the assassin was tailored to own act 5.. i thought we werent supposed to solo anymore? oh well..
    5) i started a druid yesterday, endless leveling is boring without any buddies around.. he's a werebear named Herman. (if anyone finds the immortal king's belt, gloves, armor i'll trade out the ass for them)

4. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    1) mac_adara
    2) lvl 18 assassin (somewhere in A2)
    3) good ones, I dunno. I'm modeling her after my cat (tiger strike, dragon claw, shadow master, death sentry).
    4) Xpac is nice, but buggy (Lots of people suffering from low framerates and other oddities), one good patch should help out a lot. Even still, most of my free time has been spent playing. :D

5) Sometime soon I'll be building a Druid, perhaps I'll do that on Sat. I need to move stuff off of and delete a mule first though.

5. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Bad news, I already took that name when I bought the game. Mac_moosassin is already level 47. :p

6. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    druids are cool, so are assassin's. Personly I like druids better, elementalist/summoners are really fun. (arctic blast kicks arse:))
    I got an assassin uo to lvl 16 but kinda screwed her by messin around with traps. a wearwolf/summoner to 31 but he died and an elementalist/summoner to 21 but he also died al my guys are dying :(. I was kinda put off bu the deaths so recently I've been playing Tekken 3 on my VGS.

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    HARDCORE SUCKS!

Holy crap, why would you want to play knowing that you're eventually going to lose your character?

8. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    hard core is the only thing that makes the game worth playing, it's that simple. You actually have a purpose... not dying. Why would you want to play soft core knowing that your character can die a billion times and it won't have any permanent effect?

9. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I like hard core, but unlike Jake, Auto, Charly, and others I haven't stopped playing soft core too. I've worked up enough experience on my single player Druid that I'm going to start one HC as soon as I get the chance.

1) none on b.net yet
    2) lvl 33 in single player (damn good for about a week's worth of playing)
    3) one point in all summoning skills except maybe two or three in solar creeper (to get a respectable leech %), maxed maul, werebear and lycanthropy, don't touch elemental if you really plan on staying in werebear form from NM onwards, I haven't gotten that far so I don't know how pumped hurricane/armageddon would fair, from what I've seen though it doesn't do enough damage
    4) very cool, you actually have to *think* now, shocking isn't it?
    5) the assassin bored me in single player, I never got her past clvl 10, will try again on battle.net, but have to start a new account and beat Diablo (or Baal now?) to get HC, so not right away

--Haite

10. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    1. made a couple, a werewolf druid is the only xpac char though, made a really awesome lightning sorc too but xpac chars are the focus of this thread right?
    2. a4 normal, i stopped to mf with my barb and people borrowed some of his gear so hes in limbo
    3. im not going to suggest anything, everything is based on preference. but my werewolf was just gonna use a grizzly and the level 30 combat skill, along with heart of the wolverine and carrion vine
    4. loving the xpac, crafting and runes are really cool
    5. cheese

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Moose, get your ass back to work so I have someone to talk to.

Druid:
    1. mac_Animalurk, a wolf Druid
    2. clvl 14, he has been on the sidelines lately, plus he has been restarted once.
    3. I am going to emphasize the werewolf skills (namely Fury), the general consensus seems to be that the elemental skills suck later on, which is disappointing because some of them look pretty cool. Molten Boulder in particular makes me laugh. The werebear seems viable also, I hear that a lvl 20 Shock Wave ownz. Dire Wolf and Grizzly from the summoning tree get a lot of pub, as does Carrion Vine. I don't want to get too involved with summoning, though, if I do that I might as well play a Necromancer. Still, I may make an elemental/summoning Druid. I figure he'll be like a Necro that can actually hold his own in a melee.
    4. X-pack rocks the house, except for the lagginess and fps issues that Oni mentioned, plus I have lost a few good items due to servers not saving my progress.
    5. I want to win the lottery so I can play D2X full time.

Assassin:
    1. mac_Lurkiller
    2. clvl 24, she has also been restarted once, and is in danger of being rebuilt one more time. She is a levelling machine, however.
    3. Again, based on what I've heard, only Death Sentry is a viable trap in later difficulties. Surprisingly enough, the clvl 1 skill Tiger Strike seems to be everyone's fave, which means you probably don't need to go dual wielding. Dragon Flight is a cool PK skill. Other than that, go with Auto, he seems to be the clan expert on Assassins.
    4. Overall, the Assy seems more fun than the Druid, although I like both. On the other hand, I find myself playing my old characters more often, just to play Act 5.
    5. If I don't win the lottery, I need everyone in the clan to send me $10,000 a year, so I can play D2X full time.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2001
  12. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    mac_drucow :

I have a 36 druid. wolf + fury and no elementals except cyclone armor

mac_mosassin :

Level 44 assassin, most tiger-strike and dragon-claw. She's going for pure damage, no traps.

I also have a triple elemental sorceress who's focused in fire. I was soloing act 5 nightmare yesterday with her and the only thing that managed to kill her was getting too close to those explosive biatches. Looks like she's the strongest out of my bunch of chars.

13. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am getting there. It's not like I am missing that much anyway. I needed the vacation. I am going crazy. I need to play!!!!!!!! I am having fun out here, I not that addicted.

Hitometer: 53,854,561 since 1995