Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Ahhhhh!!!!!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by gekko, Mar 6, 2001.

1. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    Damnit i'm so ****in sick of these people!!!!! I'm sitting here with my lvl. 10 Amazon doing the last quest. Me and this other dude are just working our asses off to get through the catacombs thing because no one else would help, then this other dude comes in and starts attacking me so i have to quit! What a bitch! He was a lvl. 24 barb. AHHH!!!!

Now i don't have that quest finished either, and gotta start over. Err...some people need to rot in hell.

2. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    Unfortunately, that is a big part of the D2 experience.

There are lots of these people who get off on picking on the little chars. I had the same thing happen with my hardcore sorc a few weeks ago. Fortunately, he didn't catch me.

a few things I do to attempt to limit this from potentially happening in a public game. You may or may not be doing these already:

- If someone goes hostile and you just don't want to deal with the possibility of them kicking your teeth in, leave the game. Find a new one to join.

- Always display your area map, other people will show up on it as red or green x's when they are close. Hit F10 to toggle dimness of map. This gives you a heads up if other people are in your area before they come beating your head in.

- Don't announce where you are. By either asking if someone is in that area of asking for wps.

- Once you use a WP to get to an area, move away from it as quickly as you can. Lots of these jackasses jump from WP to WP looking for people in the immediate area they can attack.

- Don't party with people you don't know. There's really no point to partying with people unless you are in the same area (both levelling in the Dark Wood for example). Sometimes PKers (player killers) will work in tandem with another person who parties with everyone. The partied person whispers to the PKer and tells them where the intended target is.

- Don't be annoying by repeatedly asking for assistance (or by repeatedly asking anything, really) If no one responds, the answer is usually no and people get pissy if you keep asking over and over. I know I do :D

- Play with clan members. Tougher than it sounds sometimes. Frequently there will be no one in the clan channel but the bot. Check with the bot using the !allseen command to see who the last few people in the channel were, ask them for help or to level. Most of the times we will say yes. At least I will.

- lag behind a little. What I mean here is that people have a tendency to always press forward. People push their chars to quickly advance to certain areas (Arcane sanc and Canyon of the Magi in Act 2, Flayer Dungeon in act 3, anywhere in act 4). So people sort of expect characters of certain levels to be in certain places. Clear certain areas multiple times so you are of higher levels then expected when progressing to act 2, act 3, etc. There is and excellent pdf file I have (but I cannot remember the url for it, I mention it in another thread - some clan members have done similar things as well) that lets you know what the monster level is for each monster. When monster level equals Character level (plus or minus five levels) you get full experience points for them and level faster. People have a tendency to get their level 18 chars to act 4 when the mlvl for that area starts at 28. I think I'm rambling now. Let me know if this makes no sense.

good luck out there

3. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    forgot one more. When going back to town via a TP. Be as quick as you can, don't dally. Lots of people like to "portal jump." They will jump through your tp and either begin to snatch loot from your kills to sell or they will move just far enough away from your tp that you can't quite see them. Then quickly make their own tp to town, go to town, go hostile, jump back through their tp and wait for you.

most people just want to snatch your loot or kills, especially if you are in one of the "popular" areas to level. You should be aware that the other happens often as well.

4. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    dont let it get ya down. there's alot of jerks out there. i get tired of playin "who can get to the treasure first" too. Played today with two barbarians and they kept grabbing up everything before it seemed to hit the ground.

I try to play in the afternoons and at night, if im not working. I'll try to get together with ya again.
    So far I've been lucky and havent been hunted yet, but I don't play alot online and since it usually during the day, i think most people online then are a bit older (since most of the younger people are in school). At least to me it seems like the "kids" have more issues. But not always.

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I have PK'ers go hostile on me all the time, I just try to stay scarce if I don't feel like fighting. I don't talk much in games, and then only to people I am partied with. You can set it up in the party screen so that only the people you want to can hear you, that way you don't have to whisper all the time if you want to stay "silent." And, like Jedsia says, keep an eye on that automap, if you see a red X coming your way, TP back to town or leave the game.

Then again sometimes it is fun to try to take them on. Most PK'ers get pissy if you beat them at their own game. Obviously you are dead if you have a clvl 9 character against a clvl 50 PK'er, but I have seen clvl 20 to 30 chars holding their own against much higher level characters by having the right skills developed, and knowing what to expect from other characters. You just need to know what skills are good for PvP, and how to use them.

Also, if I am "questing" I usually play alone. Especially if I am going after one of the bosses, that way there is no dispute over the drops. Just create a game with a password, so no one can come in. If I am "leveling" that's when I join multiplayer games, and I concentrate on getting exp, and don't worry about the quests.

6. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    Bad luck again :(

This time i was doing act 1 quest 5 (last quest in act 1 for me), and we're getting to the end when some bastard (level 9, i was going to PK him, then i remembered i wasn't a stupid little kid), but he ran through, right by us who were all fighting, grabbed whatever the item was, put up a tp back to town and completed the quest on his own :mad: That little bastard!

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Heeheehee. I think Haite might have something to say about this. :distress:

8. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    Re: Bad luck again :(

Can you guess what happened AGAIN? :mad:

Now i'm a level 16 Amazon on quest 2 on act 2. I need to go to that Tal guy's tomb, wake him up from the dead, kill him again, and go on to quest 3.

Some people piss me off!

9. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    :confused:

isn't the A2 Q2 getting the cube/staff/amulet?

who are you waking up?

10. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Obviously Gekko is new to D2. Let's not spoil the quests for him. He'll figure it out on his own.;)

And hey, Gekko, just leave the game when someone goes hostile. You really don't lose that much by going back to the most recent waypoint. Yeah you have to explore the areas again, but that's not that big a deal, plus you get to kill more monsters that way. You are obviously being frustrated by PK'ers, save yourself the hassle and just leave.

11. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Cow, I was playing in a public game and these two barbarians werel strangers. i'm not surprised of the behavior of "public players" I jus wish they were more considerate. Playing clan games is totally different. That's teamwork at it's best, and although I don't get in alot of clan members (mostly because 1. I'm a low level and 2. I tend to be online when most "normal" people are at work or school), I do try. I'm learning the public routine, and though I'm not always impressed with the people in the game, sometimes i'll get lucky and find a good game.
    Anyway, just wanted to clarify that I have had no problems in clan games, if anything everyone goes out of their way to help. It's public games that are the issue.

12. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yep, and i got all that, put it in the cube, it became one thing. Now it says find Tal something's tomb, them go kill him.

Hitometer: 53,840,845 since 1995