Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

AH Volatility and 1.9

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    If nothing else, patch 1.9 has really thrown the AH prices out of whack. Stacks of Felcloth are going for 35-40g. Is Felcloth used in one of the new soul bag recipes or something? Mooncloth prices do not seem to have adjusted proportionally, at least not yet. Hopefully they do or I'll lose a steady, if small, source of income.

Runecloth is up to 3-4g a stack, thanks to the "war effort" turn in. I turned in one stack of Runecloth bandages and got a green item and [Lordly Armguards], along with a couple of scrolls, so it seems the turn-ins might be worth the trouble. You get signets which you can turn in for city rep, so if you really wanted that cross-faction mount this will help. You can also save the signets up for more loot.

The new enchanting oils are very cool. I was able to nab 4 Firebloom for 50s off the AH last night and make two [Wizard Oil]. There was no other Firebloom on the AH, so I'll be curious to see what the prices of that levels out to.

2. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I think I have some Fireblooms in the bank. I don't think I have used it yet. I will check for you if you still want it Lurk.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Felcloth has always ranged between 1g and 2g per sheet, so I don't think this has changed much. I always look for deals on felcloth (1g per).

Some prices have definitely gone up. I think this happens on patch days because everyone is distracted by patch stuff, including the suppliers.

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Felcloth bag, 24 slot warlock soul bag...

5. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    New quest? I havent been able to get on the internet for the past 24 hours or so because apparently my provider is having issues. How is most of the new stuff overall? Can you see Ahn'qiraj?

6. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    How much are nexus crystals selling for?

7. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well, 10 Crystal Waters per cast gets Firemane hot. She also enjoys the temporary +24 to spell damage from Wizard Oil. Shack and Xodis seemed lukewarm at best about the pally skill changes. Cal, you made Knight-Captain, good job. I missed it by about 25%.

The "war effort" is a bunch of turn-in quests, for various grades of bandages, leather, metal, etc. There's a dude in IF who tells you how much of each the server needs. Presumably the AQ gates can't open until everything has been collected. In addition to the collections, there is separate AQ quest line involving BWL and building rep with the Bronze Dragonflight, so only the raid guilds can do that part.

I haven't been to southern Silithus to see if there's any visible evidence of AQ's existence. I'd guess not until the gate is opened, though.

Good question, I didn't think to check. I bought the +15 fire resist to cloak enchant yesterday, which needs three of them.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Where do you buy the new enchant recipes?

200g to 900g.

9. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    I really hope you are joking.

10. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    that's pretty volatile alright.

Had you been saving blues to DE prior to patch?

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    The enchanting supplier in Silithus (Cenarion Hold inn, 2nd floor) sells the recipes for:

Lesser Mana Oil
    Wizard Oil
    Cloak +15 Fire Resistance (requires Friendly with Cenarion Hold)
    Cloak +15 Nature Resistance (requires Honored with Cenarion Hold)

I believe the Zandalar Tribe has Brilliant Wizard Oil at honored rep. Need to get those ZG runs going!

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    nah, I don't supply my own mats, I buy them. I will wait for prices to stabilize, then buy.

13. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I'm feeling downright cold towards the 1.9 Pally changes. Before I could grind for runecloth at Sorrow Hill on the undead there w/o drinking, now with the new changes I blow all my mana just to kill 5 undead and I like to at least have half my mana for gankings. (oh I now have 200 less mana because of the change to the talent that gave me 10% more mana to 10% more intellect. bleh)

Seal of Command seems to proc at the same rate as it did in 1.8 with the 30% dmg reduction. For some reason with it based on Holy dmg it seems to be mitigated by armor also. bleh. Plus my Gnomish Death Ray malfunction will also now do dmg to me with Divine Shield up now.

Before 1.9 if i blew all my cooldowns and my Death Ray I could solo a 60 War that jumped me at 51, now I'm not sure with the Recently Shielded debuff.

1.9 made me cancel my subscribtion until the expantion, just trying to get to 60 before my sub ends on the 18th.

Guess my point is I won't be playing until theres more 5-10man content so I can come back to Hyjal.

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    That is a problem since you were our only priest for our ZG coop submission. I will try to compensate.

That is why I made it a requirement not to casually sign up for the ZG coop. We need commitment to make it happen.

15. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Yeah I remember J, I wasn't sure If the coop was still going on or not. Like I said I would be coming back if there was more content to do on Hyjal. I just forgot to mention that in my original post about the ZG coop. I'm not dropping out of that if it's still going on. I'll be monitoring the website everyday and get my subscription back when it's finalize if it's still going to happen. I'm just tired of having 5 60's and doing the same thing over and over again.

16. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Oh ok.

So now you can do ZG over and over again. ;)

17. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Heh, I've done UBRS, LBRS, Scholo, Strat a billion times. I'm sure I can do ZG a billion times since it's something new and more engaging. Plus I might get a chance to actually use my Field Repair Bot outside of 3 manning Scholo. =P

18. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hey don't forget after we tire of ZG there's AQ20.

19. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    There are crazy instance problems going on right now.

20. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    I can't get into the game, it keeps telling me it's unable to connect. Anyone else having problems? Always something with this game.....

Hitometer: 53,855,154 since 1995