Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

AH........hell

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by ogopogo, Sep 16, 2000.

1. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    I thought i already got my comp almost fixed but dammit I am wrong, i think I already tried everything there is! So now i am gonna buy a new comp but i haven't been looking at new computers for a while so where can i get good but cheap comp(mail/Internet order or somewhere in Vancouver), and what kind of mac should i buy?(considering the prize and preformance)

------------------
    In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made many people very angry and was regarded as a bad move.

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    G4 cube!!!
    heehee, just kidding.
    If you can, get the midrange G4(400 mhz) that way you'll get duel processors.

------------------
    [​IMG]
    Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    The 400 doesn't have dual chips. Only the 450. That one is $2499. If I were you I would go to outpost.com. They don't charge tax and overnight shipping is free! See if you can get one of the older 400MHz systems (the ones before MacWorld NY this year). The only differences between the old and new ones is the hard drive size and gigabit ethernet. Unless you want the $2500 dual system, the older 400 single will save you some bucks. You can probably get it for $1350 if they have them. Then put a Radeon in it! heh.

You will need to upgrade the RAM upon purchase though. Figure on $150 for an extra 128MB to bring you to 192. Extra RAM and a Radeon will make it a pimp gaming machine!

------------------
    lamo mac boy

4. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    The iBook DV models don't suck for gaming either, and if you don't like your old monitor, are probably a better value. Again, some deals on the pre-MWNY models might be findable.

If you do like your old monitor, I must concur that the G4 400 is the pimpest choice for your dollar (when did "pimpest" become a word?).

5. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've decided to go with the Imac DV SE. I won't have to upgrade Ram for a while, hardrive is massive 30 gigs and I don't have to buy a new monitor. I like the G4's, but I figured the Imac was a better machine for my use. I really don't need all that power and 500mhz should be fine for me.

------------------
    "A mage's soul is forged in the crucible of the magic"

6. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    hey, I'm selling my G4/400 email me for details...

------------------
    Okay I pulled the pin...
    NOW WHAT?

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    sorry, my bad. I was thinking of the old range {350,400,450}.

------------------
    [​IMG]
    Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!

Hitometer: 53,581,512 since 1995