Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Agreeing on a TAG and Handling Multi-Names

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Mendel, Jun 16, 2000.

1. Mendel

Mendel Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ok; Lets get down to it. Jakeman isnt going to want to reg a new member for his clan each time someone decides to make a new char on a whim. So we need a way to identify the parent character.

Its agreed that our nametag in the beginning will be [MAC], right?

How about this..

[MAC-Parent Char Name]Char Name

Say for instance, I had a char named Amelia, who was a Sorceress..

[MAC-Mendel]Amelia

Or Jakeman had a character named FlySwatter

[MAC-Jakeman]FlySwatter

Tell me what you think.

------------------
    "I be walking God Like a
    Dog" -Zack De La Roch

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    What? No!
    My cowofwar profile is for Starcraft, War 2 BNE, Diablo and Diablo 2. I have stats listed for him in all these games. Plus I don't want multi parent-charcters.
    Why don't you just give Jakeman your parent character name that doesn't have the ~MAC suffix and then add it on to your daughter-characters. That way you have a main character with the same name as your parent-character and then if you want more characters just make it under that parent-character.
    It doesn't matter if you have different little guys, you alwayts see the parent-character's name and the daughter-character's name when they say something. Ie: I would say something like cowofwar(cowofwar): hi!
    cowofwar being my parent-character and and cowofwar being my daughter-character name.

Anywho, just play with one character for the time being, why would you want two? The goal is to beat the game so you can play on nightmare difficulty or start a hard-core character.

.........whatever.......

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I don't think I really like that idea. As for right now we aren't doing multiple characters. Once all the "little things" are taken care of for the clan, then I'll have time to address things like multiple characters. But in the meantime, the game isn't even out yet so we don't have to worry about it.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jakeman:
    in the meantime, the game isn't even out yet so we don't have to worry about it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, we've got like 2 and a half months to iron out all the ripples in the clan.

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

Hitometer: 53,814,138 since 1995