Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Age of Mythology

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Disco Cat, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Disco Cat

Disco Cat Peasant

Market Rating:
    Has anyone tried this game out? I have been playing it for the last week (my brother got it) and I'm surprised to say I kind of like it. It sort of feels like a hybrid between Age of Empires and Warcraft 3, which makes it all the more peculiar that I would enjoy this game, as I liked neither of those two. The Warcraft 3 similarities in this game are mostly just because this game has 'heros' as well, but they don't get any special techniques. They just are stronger, have a greater amount of health and can kill mythical enemies faster than a legion of Catapults. Well, actually, they have some special ability. Ex: one guy automatically does a war cry when he starts fighting, increasing the moral of all the offensive units near him, causing them to gain strength and speed. Another guy likes to whack enemies with his big-ass shield, sending them flying through the air ala LotR begining. I'm ranting, aren't I? The game also has a spiffy game engine to support it. Well, anyway, I find it fun, and I would be the last person in the world to be entertained by a game like this, so I though I'd mention it.

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I saw a review of it on TechTV. Is the mythology just based around the Greco-Roman polytheism, or are there other religions as well?

3. Disco Cat

Disco Cat Peasant

Market Rating:
    It depends on the race you play as. There is egyption mythology as well as roman. There's also another one but I forget what the other playable side's regionality is. The gods work as evolutions for you. When you get a certain building created (ex: first advancement needs a temple) then you can go to your town centre and choose a God of your choice to worship. Each god will give you special skills as well as units to choose from. For example, with the romans the first choice is between Ares and that messenger guy (forget name again). The messenger will give you the ability to upgrade horse men and give you (gah.. my mind is gone) those half-horse, half-man mythical units to build. Ares will give you the ability to advance your foot soldiers and give you pike men, as well as the mythical unit of cyclops, which like to pick up foot soldiers and throw them helluva far.

4. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    mercury, centaurs

Hitometer: 53,596,967 since 1995