Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Agarwaen's ZG Guide

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by dcwilson26, Feb 12, 2006.

1. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Being the main tank, I am always in the heat of the battle and basically the whole Raid depends on my survival. Therefore, I notice what works and what doesn't work. That said, here is my observational suggestions on how to run ZG through the first two bosses.

-------------------------------------------------------

Ideal group setup:

Group 1:
    Warrior (Main Tank "MT")
    Paladin (Devotion Aura and Greater Blessing of Light)
    Hunter (Aspect of the Wild) / Paladin (Fire Resist Aura and Blessing of Light)
    Warlock (Imp with Blood Pact)
    Priest (Main Healer "MH")

Group 2:
    Warrior (First Off-Tank "OT1")
    Mage (Main AoE and puller "Puller")
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Priest

Group 3:
    Warrior (Second Off-Tank "OT2")
    Mage
    Hunter / Paladin
    Rogue
    Druid

Group 4:
    Warrior (Third Off-Tank "OT3"
    Mage
    Hunter / Rogue / Warlock
    Druid
    Priest (Secondary Healer for MT "SH")

First Boss: High Priest Venoxis

Description: Venoxis is in the middle of the altar surrounded by four Snakes; two on each side. Leaving the area by running through the archway will reset the boss.

Plan:
    The three Mages mark their Snakes for sheeping.
    SH shields the MT before he runs up to the front of the altar to start the event.
    MT backs up towards the corner between the altar and the archway while spamming Sunder Armor on Venoxis.
    The three Mages each sheep a Snake and the Druid from Group 3 will hibernate the fourth snake to avoid the MT taking any more damage.
    Once Venoxis is in the corner, the OT1 will tank the hibernated Snake and all DPS will follow. After the Snake is killed, the Puller will pull the next Snake. This is repeated until all Snakes are dead.
    The SH will not heal at all. The SH is to conserve all his/her mana in case the MH runs out or is killed. The Paladins in Group 1 will assist the MH in healing the MT.
    Once all the Snakes are dead, all RANGED DPS and Drain Mana spells on Venoxis. No Melee DPS until Venoxis is out of mana.
    Once Venoxis is out of mana, all Melee DPS until Venoxis is at 50% Health.
    At 50% Health, Venoxis will change form. This act breaks aggro so all DPS must stop for a few seconds while the MT regains aggro.
    Now the SH will start healing the MT.
    From this point on, Venoxis will occassionally spew out a cloud of green poison. The MT must keep moving out of this poison cloud to avoid its massive damage.
    All Melee DPS can attack at their own risk. The Priest from Group 2, Druid from Group 3 and Druid from Group 4 are in charge of healing their respective groups.
    Attack, attack, attack until Venoxis is dead.

-----------------------------------------------

Batrider Group Strategy

Description: Two elite Batriders surrounded by four non-elite bats. When a Batrider is at about 20% health, he will emote that he is burning and will soon explode doing 5000 damage to all players nearby.

Plan:
    The Hunter from Group 2 will mark one of the Batriders.
    The Puller will pull the group towards the players.
    The MT will Taunt and pull away the marked Batrider to the right, away from the rest of the group and will be healed by the MH.
    The OT1 will Taunt and pull away the unmarked Batrider to the left, away fromt he rest of the group and will be healed by the SH.
    All AoE on the group of four bats while the OT2 and OT3 keep at least two of the four bats of the Mages.
    Once all the bats are dead, all DPS on the left Batrider. When the Batrider is at 50% health, all Melee DPS except for the OT1 should run back to the Ranged DPS players.
    When the Batrider emotes, the OT1 should try to run away from the Batrider to avoid the explosion even though the OT1 should be able to survive the explosion at full health.
    Repeat this on the right Batrider.

---------------------------------------------

Second Boss: High Priestess Jeklik

Description: Jeklik is standing on top of a cliff in front of a cave. She will constantly summon bats from her cave during the battle. Jeklik cannot be pulled beyond the totem in the center of the area.

Plan:
    Most of the players should stand either in front of the totem or to its right.
    The SH will shield the MT before he runs to the foot of the cliff and shoots Jeklik with his/her bow or gun. She will take the form of a bat and fly down to meet the MT.
    The MT will pull Jeklik to the left or the totem, away from the rest of the players because Jeklik has an AoE silence spell.
    The MH and the Paladins from Group 1 are in charge of keeping the MT alive.
    Again, the SH should not heal until the MH runs out of mana or is killed.
    Jeklik has the ability to break aggro and charge at players but will always come right back to the MT after charging. So the MT should not move.
    The Mages from Groups 2 and 3 are in charge of AoE on the waves of bats that will come from the cave. They will be healed by the Priest in Group 2 and the Druid in Group 3.
    The OT1, OT2 and OT3 should help keep as many bats as possible off the AoE Mages.
    All other DPS is focused on Jeklik.
    At 50% health, Jeklik will change from a Bat to a Human and will call forth more bats to drop napalm bombs from the sky. These are sometimes hard to see so all players, especially the MT should keep moving to avoid the fire left behind from the bombs.
    While in human form, Jeklik will occassionally attempt to heal herself. This can be interrupted by the Rogue Kick, Warrior Shield Bash, and Mage Counterspell. Don't worry if you see "Immune" when you cast any of these. Jeklik is not immune to the interruption, only to the silence effect.
    SH will start healing the MT as he/she will continue to move away from the fire. This continues until Jeklik is dead.

After all this writing I am really tired so I will post my strategy for the Third Boss: High Priestess Mar'li later.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
    Jakeman likes this.
  2. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I agree with you for the most part, but I really didn't know why you wanted Sanctity Aura if there were two paladins in G1 because it increases holy damage only not healing and the only classes that have that are priests and paladins. Besides Devotion Aura, I think it would be better to have Retribution Aura to help you keep agro or the shadow/fire/ice resist auras for bosses that use them.

Jakeman likes this.
  3. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Ah, I thought it increased all holy spells including healing. I changed it to Paladin with Fire Resist Aura or Hunter with Aspect of the Wild for the Nature Resistance.

4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yep, that's basically it.

5. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I like the setup and plan. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to get another lock for Soul Stone since I can only cast it once every 30mins. It would be nice to have a back up Soul Stone from the other lock if the first one runs out or the person that was Soul Stone dies.

6. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    If I may, some streamlining:
    Actually, best way to pull is a hunter jumping at the base of the stairs and pulling him to the MT already standing next to the fire, this keeps the boss away from the raid at all times, and prevents the possibility of him Holy Novaing the raid (or chain heal exploding all your squishies)
    Again, to speed up the process don't even bother CCing the fourth snake, just let the offtank pick it up as it comes down the stairs, saves time, and keeps a healers attention on the MT during the initial period

Meh, Mana draining him is a waste of time. Once the main tank has solid aggro, everyone ranged DPS. Make sure to dispell the renew that he does and he should drop to 50% HP before you can say "Stupid loot chest, drop my stuff"
    If you keep it to just ranged DPS during the first form, the MT will not loose aggro, and of course your Melee should get ready to run in. DO NOT run in right off the bat. He almost always puts down a poison cloud (the animation is him putting his arms up in the air) Waiting till after this will save your cleansers a lot of mana, and allow the MT to reposition him. Also be wary for the little snake he pops out occasionally, as it has been known to kill people in the most hilarious way as you sort out loot afterwards.
    Couldn't have said it better myself
    -----------------------------------------------

Second Boss: High Priestess Jeklik

Actually, we tank her to the left of the totem, towards the wall farthest where she starts Wall- >|---x---T-----|S<-her starting spot , T is totem, x is tanking spot. This keeps her out of the path of the bats that she spawns from the cave, and away from the casters as well

Plan:
    Again, hunter pulling is much more efficient in this situation. Also, everyone but the tank and the hunter should be near the 'reset' line till the Main Tank has the boss, at which point they get to their positions. Also, the MT and DPS healers should stand away from the other casters as she will occasionally dash over to them and potentially AoE silence just at the wrong time
    Don't even bother trying to keep aggro off of the mages/warlocks. Just have the healers in their groups focus on keeping them up, and the bats will go down quicker than they do, this frees up those offtanks to DPS the boss

Yep, Kill it... Kill it till it don't move no more ;)

Jakeman likes this.
  7. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Just a quick reply with some Strats to help you guys out...this is how we do it

We always run to Venoxis first he is the easiest.. When the snake adds are killed they give Venoxis a boost in power...

3 Mages sheep 3 add snakes 1 off tank grabs the 4th snake add the raid dps down the 4th add ( keep 3 sheeped throughout the fight) and then focuses on Venoxis, we dps Venoxis hard to get him to 50%

His mana from what I have seen dont really do much his heals and lightning dont come fast enough... When he reaches 50% he transforms in to Snake Form. At this point everyone should back up and do ranged. Heal focus on MT, When Venoxis drops the Poision cloud Pallys decurse and MT should move to a clear spot, Keep your MT up. When he spwans the liitle snakes Rogues / Hunter / Mages kill em quick and get back on Venoxis.

After he goes down kill the remaining 3 snakes and get your loot.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

8. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Nothing changes after you kill the snakes. I thought so too when ZG first came out, but after at least 100 runs, I can pretty safely say that unlike the Bloodlord, there is no reason not to kill the snakes first and free up those mages/druids for something usefull

9. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    We kill Bloodlord's raptor first too. His enrage doesn't seem to be a big deal.

10. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Killing snakes first is much better than having 3 mages keeping them sheeped. You don't lose dps since the mages can keep casting instead of having to switch targets to re-sheep every so often.

For the bat we have to tank pull her to the right of where she stands and just dps her. The waves of bats usually go after the healers so having the healers near the mages is the best way. Have a warlock use his AoE first so the bats would have initial aggro on him and just have healers heal him while mages AoE them. Or a mage can use frost nova and then the warlock steps in for the initial AoE to get aggro.

Our ZG runs usually last 3-4 hours from fresh instance until dead Hakkar. Getting 2.5k rep for 4 hours isn't too shabby IMO.

11. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Yeah, the last patch buffed it a bit, but if you can keep him on the main tank, there isn't a big deal from it.

Hitometer: 53,837,320 since 1995