Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Advice for the Amazon

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Zitta, Aug 23, 2000.

1. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's my first time around the game but I'm almost done in single player - only have Diablo and the cows left. My Amazon is bow/crossbow specialized. Any advice on tactics, etc. on how to deal with the big bad dude?
    Also, anyone knows about exlusive Amazon clans/message board? I know there were some for the Rouge in D1.

2. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    i dunno, i just wanna see my new sig........

------------------
    "The ultimate in disposing one's troops is to be without ascertainable shape. Then the most penetrating spies cannot pry in nor the wise lay plans against you."- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

3. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    I heard that the best way for amazon to beat diablo is to create a decoy to destract him and play shoot and run. And use some of your weird arrow things.(The exploding arrow?) but i think diablo is not that tough, its those damn minions that guird the 5 seals that are extremely annoy!

------------------
    In the biginning Universe was born. This has made many people angry and was regarded as a bad move.

4. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    I just got the decoy skill, so I'm not very practiced with it yet. I tried it on whatshisface at the hellforge and he didn't seem to pay much attention to it. I ended up kicking his ass with the ice arrow and immolation arrow. In the past I used to set townportal the mouse right-click when fighting a strong unique monster. So I would go hand-to-hand with the guy, gobble up health potions, then tp back to town when they run out. Many of the dungeons just don't have enough room to run and you run (hehe) the risk of getting stuck in a corner.

5. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have a lvl 30 amazon and I love the valkyrie! I honestly had trouble with the bowazon because the arrows just don't do enough damage. I was kinda half-assed and had 4 levels in jab and then several skills with the bow. I used the bow for everyone but the big bosses who I used jab with a pike (I ended up doing 24-100 per hit with the pike, however, if you can get a bow in hell that does 12-30 damage, then multi-arrow or strafe is pretty good, although jab with 3 attacks is still hard to beat, but you can get surrounded more easily.

I talked to a lvl 77 amazon: he maxed out strafe and valkyrie. So that's something to think about...

Wran

6. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yeah, I heard good things about the valkyrie. I'm only lvl 28 yet, though. I think I will level up to 30 before facing Diablo. I'm an allout bow user. I picked up a rare heavy crossbow, Shadow Song, in act 3. The drawback is the slowness, but it has 4 modifiers, including mana steal. Most of all it packs a heavy punch: 22-50!

7. DrSpunj

DrSpunj Peasant

Market Rating:
    Zitta, don't bother levelling to 30 before taking on Diablo unless you're doing for some reason OTHER than Valkyrie. I have a Lvl 34 Bowazon (mostly Vehementi style, with 1 point in Jab) and Diablo is pretty tough to do Bowazon style.
    The reason Valkyrie is no good is he'll take her out with 1, count'em--1 swipe. So decoy is just as good (which he also takes out in 1 swipe!) as Valkyrie for taking on the Big D, and it's MUCH cheaper.
    You really only have a couple of choices to take him out.
    The fastest way is to equip a pike with good damage, run up and "jab" him to death. Just back-off whenever he lightning breaths or you will die. This is by far the fastest way (at Lvl 27 I took him out in about 20 jabs, my pike is around 20-100 base, and that went to 50-200 equipped). If this is against your "Bowazon" code of ethics [​IMG] then you have to do things the long way.
    Diablo doesn't heal on Normal diff (not sure about NM or Hell), so you can just wear him down with trips to town for replenishing/restocking. Problem is, he jumps around so much that most of your normal arrows will miss. Magical arrows always hit (ie. ignore attack/defense ratings), but only if they actually nail him, and he's usually jumping around too much for that. Another problem is, when he finally stands still, you need to be moving because he'll nail you with his lightning breath or earthquake fire thing or whatever while you try to plink him full of arrows.
    Basically this means you have 2 choices as a Bowazon. Use Decoy to lure him, and nail him with 1-5 shots while he kills her in one swipe, run away, then rinse/repeat ad nauseum whilst dodging around trying not to get killed. Or, get a mana or life steal something, and plink away with guided arrows in his general direction. The beauty of the latter is that you'll know when you hit him because of the blue or red flash, and guided arrows will get him, even as he jumps around as much as he does. Problem here is that it requires a whole lot of guided arrows to kill him, and usually means exhausting your supply of mana/rejuv potions, or making LOTS of trips back to Jamella in town for a quick refill. This latter method DOES work very well, just takes a lot of patience, but you don't end up dodging his attacks so much because he is mostly off-screen and not attacking you directly.

I chose the quicker/easier/non-Bowazon jab method, but do what you want to do. I just don't think levelling to get Valkyrie will help you all the much, neither will pierce or frozen arrow. Oh, BTW, I did go back and kill Diablo several times (for experience and his item drops) and used all 3 methods. If you use the Decoy method I recommend Ice Arrows, if guided arrow method realize that I only had 1 point in Guided, so don't put extra points into it just to kill him, you don't need them.

Hope this (very) long post helps.

DrSpunj

8. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    Trust me, bows are extremely good. I went to one of those show and tell game on bnet and saw a guy with a bow that do 47~150+ damage very fast attack speed and +2 to all amazon skills

------------------
    In the biginning Universe was born. This has made many people angry and was regarded as a bad move.

9. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    So I did kill D. at last. And did it with the bow. I have nothing against pikes, just never got into them, don't have a single point in jab. Plus my inventory and stash is so full of gems, rings, amulets, potions and whatnot that wouldn't really have room for an extra weapon. Anyway what I did is this: chose the ice arrow. Used the waypoint to go the river of flame, casta valkirye, vp-ed back to town, talked to whatsherface to recharge my mana, then went through the town portal to the sanctuary with the valkyrie in tow. The ice arrows worked pretty well, slowed down D good, and the valkyrie kept jabbing at him. I did die many times, especially at he beginning before I figured this tactic out. I tried strafe first but that didn't work very well.Fortunatly, I could tp jump in, run around, find my body and jump out before D could fry me. Of course, I made sure that there was always a town portal open.
    The cows on the other hand just slaughtered me. I just went through the red portal and took two steps and a hundred of them rushed me and killed me before I could say moo. But once I dealt with the initial crowd the rest was easy: just kept my distance and strafed them to death. The stuff they drop is really lame though.
    Well, thanks for all the advice, I think I'm ready to create a character on bnet now. Hope to sea you all there.

10. Zitta

Zitta Peasant

Market Rating:
    Just one more thing: I can really spell better then that, I just can't type.

Hitometer: 53,846,892 since 1995