Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Act1 - Andariel...?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Gilgamesh, Jul 24, 2000.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Has anyone finished Act1 yet? I have almost reached Andariel (I believe she is the culmination of Act1). She must be about 5-6 levels down in the monastery...
    Is she a real tough boss or what? Any tips on killing her?

2. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    She is not REAL tough, but you should use your best aura and your strongest weapon.
    when you get the quest in the bottom of the jail to kill andariel, tp to and get health potions and repair all items. Move around alot when you are attacking her or her minions will surround you.
    Dun

------------------
    "My hovercraft is full of eels!"

3. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    She is not that tough. I beat her with my necro and my barbarian. Do what Dun said, keep moving, and it is a good idea to open a TP before you engage her so you have a fast getaway for health and repairs. She does a good bit of damage with her poison attacks so get your poison resistance up as best you can. I coasted through her with my barbarian. I did the double swing and took her out in no time.

------------------
    They are big, bad, and furry!

4. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I went slow and cleared out most of her minions before she activated. The girl herself was a knockover for my barbarian's stunning moves with his bardiche (took maybe 4-6 hits, tops).

I love the Barbarian for one on one with a boss, but I get in trouble in the stupidest places when I let myself get surrounded (damn those carrion *** champions!). Luckily I have a warcry that makes same game corpse recovery a little easier.

5. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    She is not tough at all. I just do the same old thing i do with all the boss. Slow them down with cold spell, and start static feild them until they have about 1/3 of life left and hehe B.B.Q time

------------------
    In the biginning Universe was born. This has made many people angry and was regarded as a bad move.

[This message has been edited by ogopogo (edited 07-24-2000).]

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Thanks for the replys...I have since cruised thru her and halfway thru Act II. Even went back to her just to stomp her butt!

7. President Satan

President Satan Peasant

Market Rating:
    I had a hard time with her cause I was only a level 10 when I fought her. She kind of wooped me so I waited till I was level 11 and managed to kick her ars.

8. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    It was pretty easy with a Amazon and spear. I just jabbed her to death in a couple of seconds. The only boss I couldn't easily jab to death was the one before diablo. Maybe it's Mephisto. Mephisto hits really hard and takes most of my life with one blow. I had to use my multi-arrow and run around in between my town portal and the waypoint nearby. Maybe tonight I will take on diablo and win at normal difficulty.

Wran

9. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    lots of potions, lots of poison resistance, and big weapons.

Bottom line = just keep up with the potions and you'll be fine.

10. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    Its so fun freezing her.....hehe she didn't even hit me once. her range weapon are so slow and since i slowed her down even more, i killed like an ant........but in exchange she gave me nothing!!!!!!well a flawed gem and a freaking magical bow that does nothing so looks like she won eh?

11. Dark_Warrior

Dark_Warrior Peasant

Market Rating:
    man, i found that andariel was REALLY easy. i cast TP so that i'd have an easy escape. i used holy fire as my aura which effectively butt-raped all her little buddies, leaving me open to hack away at her. i didn't even find a need to have a lot of poison resistance...i didn't get poisoned once. just hacked away....i had to make one little trip to town cuz i forgot to load up on potions(good job idiot), but it's all good. she died FAST

------------------
    guiness beer sucks

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Unholy fire is cool...I love the Paladin.

I keep my weapon readiness at Zeal attack (6 attacks per round) and keep my skill readiness at either prayer, unholy fire, or Thorns...
    - Healing, fire damage to them, or 290% damage returned to them for every hit to me...

[This message has been edited by Gilgamesh (edited 07-27-2000).]

13. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    She's easy on nightmare diff too. She didn't hit me once when I was smacking her ass with my barb. But then again, I did have 900 armor and 500 hit points.

------------------
    [​IMG]
    Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!

14. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    wow 900ac???? thats crazy!

------------------
    In the biginning Universe was born. This has made many people angry and was regarded as a bad move.

Hitometer: 53,851,030 since 1995