Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

ACT test

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mud, Nov 23, 2002.

1. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    I took the ACT a second time last October, well, WOohOOOO!!! I got a 28, hehe, I'm so happy! Now I will not have to take the gad damn test again.

2. filburt1

filburt1 Peasant

Market Rating:
    What's a 28 mean?

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    what is the ACT test?

4. filburt1

filburt1 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Related to the SAT, not sure beyond that...

5. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    ACT is another test like the SAT, i like it more because of its variety, it has more than just 3 hours of science and reasoning. A 28 means i scored in the top 4% tested in New Mexico and top 6% in the U.S.

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Really? I got a 26 on my practice ACT last year as a sophomore. I didn't think it was that good out of a 32, but I guess it's one of those relative things. Good on ya then, I wish college admission was based more on the standardiized tests and less on GPA, I can do really good on them, but my GPA leaves something to be desired :(. ...mainly because I'm a slacker.

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    me too. well actually, my GPA at my college is like 3.5 right now... probably a little lower after this semester (i'm expecting all Bs, maybe one A though). but my highschool cummulative GPA was like 2.5. :o

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    It sounds to me like college is a lot more geared to someone like us. A midterm, final, and term paper make up your grade. No day-to-day homework.

9. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Are you going to apply to a more exclusive school for graduate? With a 3.5 you could get into most of the UC's, if you had good SAT's you could probably make Berkeley.

10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i never took my SATs. i'm looking at transferring to CSU Stanislaus (state university, not a UC) because it's about 30 minutes from where i live.

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    We have homework assignments. Once a week, about ten over the year and worth 20% of your final mark. 40% final, 20% each for two midterms.

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i still have a crap load of homework in math, but my other classes are light on homework.

13. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Latin's my worst subject for homework. Prep 2 of Catullus' Carmina per night usually (about 35-50 lines). The Latin teacher is great though, he drives hard, but the year above us (the seniors now, Latin 4 AP/IB - there is no academic past Latin 2) had the first two 5's on the Latin AP last year in the school's history after this guy was hired like 4 or 5 years back.

He also teaches Greek, and the people in Greek 2 now (you start sophomore year, so they're the same age as me) will be some of the first people anywhere west of the Mississippi to take the Greek AP test.

The rest is usually light, but recently I've had more, especially in History and English. It's still a nightly thing though, I want even just weekly homework so badly. Homework is the main reason I haven't been on Shadowbane at all this week.

14. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I will be doing that as well, but not for another 15 years :rolleyes:. I still have to take my math placement test

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    computer science major? you have to take 4 semesters of calc to transfer. :barf:

Hitometer: 53,550,182 since 1995