Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

About this forum.

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jun 29, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I've created this forum for people who aren't in the Diablo 2 Clan but want to talk about clan related issues. For example, you're interested in joining the clan but you have questions first. This forum allows you to talk to clan members and ask them questions. We still have the private forum for topics that should be kept within the clan. This forum is also for members of other clans like Clan {mAc} who have issues to discuss.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes, and I will always be here to answer questions and steal souls.

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

3. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    weirdo mac users [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    lamo mac boy

4. Lars

Lars Peasant

Market Rating:
    I was hoping you were going to make one of these forums for clan talk! Sweet! [​IMG]

5. The Reaper

The Reaper Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ahh! Give me back my soul!!!! Thats real mean stealing mac users souls!!!!
    Your nothing but a fat cow so stop stealing souls and shut your mouth!!!!!

[​IMG] hehe. Just kidding.

6. Balic

Balic Unregistered

I hope that I am not intruding to ask this but I am wondering weather it is ok for non-members to enter your chat room since D2 isn't out yet and play diablo I games. I think it would be a good chance for people to see weather they really want to join your clan. Just a thought, your clan is lookin good

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Sure thing. Feel free to use our battle.net channel to organize games. Just tell them you're interested in joining us. If you were talking about the "Private Forum" where we discuss things... that's only for members. It's one of those "priviledge" things. Did you have any questions in particular about our clan?

8. Balic

Balic Unregistered

Just thought I would ask when you guys play diablo, I havn't seen anyone in the chat room. I think I will join your clan eventually, but D2 is expensive and I want to see if it drops in price.

Do you know if the P.C. version is on the mac C.D.? If it is I have a friend that may trade off with me and split the price. Hope to catch you later:> )

9. FallenOne

FallenOne Peasant

Market Rating:
    ya Balic, the mac version is hybrid
    so can use it for mac and PC

10. Edward

Edward Unregistered

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Balic:
    Do you know if the P.C. version is on the mac C.D.? If it is I have a friend that may trade off with me and split the price. Hope to catch you later:&gt; )<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course you know this is illegal?

------------------
    Edward, the Black Prince

11. Balic

Balic Unregistered

is it still illegal if we trade it back and forth, but don't copy the CD?

12. Edward

Edward Unregistered

Software licensing says, basically, you get to put one copy on one machine for your own use. Technically, with most software licenses, you're in violation if you put it on two machines owned/used by only yourself. Of course nobody cares if you do that really.

If Billy buys D2 and gives it to Jimmy to play for a week, then takes it back and plays for a week himself etc, that would violate the license. If Billy played it for 6 months then deleted it from his drive and sold it to Jimmy, that would not violate the license.

My company makes software so I'm familiar with this a little [​IMG]

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure piracy plans were avoided on these boards so they don't get a bad name...

------------------
    Edward, the Black Prince

13. Balic

Balic Unregistered

Edward I just wanted to let you know that whenever I get D2 it will be fully legally. Thanks for letting me know what the rules are [​IMG]

Hitometer: 53,854,797 since 1995