Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

About a Mule Account

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Jedsia, Nov 6, 2003.

?

Should we have a mule account

1. Yes but with careful management

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Yes, but with free use

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Maybe, if members agree to terms

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. Maybe, only if handled properly

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. No, too much room for abuse

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. No, it's too much work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's been mentioned before should I thought I'd throw out my idea.

I think a mule account could work with proper managment. This is how I would do it, and I'm willing to do it if it's ok with Jakeman and the mods.

1. One person manages the account....ie, burning in the mules, changing password weekly, taking inventory of items.

2. When the password is changed, it is Pm'd weekly (Monday morning would be good) to the Mod team.

3. Weekly an updated inventory of the mules will be posted.

4. Anyone who wishes to access the mule account should either post what they want off the account or pm a mod.

5. Password will only be PM'd on an indivdual basis, not posted on the forum. Members who request it can access the mule for the items they need or to place items on them.

6. Items are to be taken by people who need them. Not for trade.

7. Members should not abuse the mules, ie, not continually take items without putting anything in.

8. Nothing should be placed on the mules that you would want back. This mule account is only for community sharing, not your personal use.

9. Items that are taken from the mules that are no longer needed by that member would be appreciated back if possible, allowing another member to make use of that item, especially low level items that are not needed on a long term basis.

10. New members shouldn't be given the password right away. I think there should be a probabtion period where they can make a request for an item on the mule account and someone can get it for them, reducing the risk of someone joining and stealing the whole account.

11. If someone does abuse the account, the Mod team can determine whether they should be allowed to use it in the future. Weekly password changes will help with this.

12. No member should give another member the password unless it's okay'd be a mod. Only mod team or mule account manager should do that.

Also anytime someone accessed the mule account, it would be good if they post what they took or what they placed. I would check the mules weekly at least to keep track of what's there, but it would help to post through-out the week what's coming and going so members know. I would limit it to one account, max 8 mules. If the mules get too cluttered we could have a giveaway.

I manage my own mules by making each one for a specific type of item, ie armor, helms, runes/gems, etc.

Anyway, thats my idea. It may sound complicated, but acutally I think it's quite simple and wouldn't be all that hard to keep track of.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm reluctant to do something like that because just one person could totally screw it up. It's like tower defense mods in Warcraft 3... you have 8 people all dependant on eachother. There is always a noob who ****s it up.

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I agree with Jedsia... I think a mule account for clan members only would be very useful. She has even taken on the added responsibility of moderating the inventory...

I like the terms spelled out in her well thought out post. Only members can be given the paasword by a mod, changes weekly, and you gotta give to get, baby!!

Non members cannot partake, and new members have a 6 month waiting period before being given a password. Otherwise, they have to be given the goods by a member. No noobs would be allowed into the account, Jake...

I also agree with her 8 mules, segregated by item type method (one that I employ also...). It makes for easy perusal of items by anyone.

ah well... I'll help ya Jedsia if ya need it... You know I always like to give away the goodies ;)

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Instead of making it comnpletely public, assign several as a management team.

5. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    well, what I can do is go ahead and make the account, get the mules started on being "burned in" and pm the account name/pass to the Mod team.

We can decide how to "open" the account to members, whether we only want a select few with the pass, or allow members access by request (again, members who've been here awhile) or other suggestions.

But this way I can at least get the account prepped, maybe even available for use this weekend if an agreement is made.

Also, I think members need to mention when they'd access the account, to prevent two people from trying to log onto the same mule at a time. Even if only mods are accessing it, it could happen.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Unfortuately for me, my comp is in storage right now so I have not been able to experience the new patch. (It came out the day after I packed it up to move. Figures.)

Anyway, you should also consider the character type you want it to be. My suggestion would be softcore ladder, but as I have not been on yet I don't know what the majority are playing.

7. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm Jesse, I fell Misty has a real solid idea working and i'm sure it will be handled well. We have 4 mule accounts that are kept up very nicely. She also has the time to manage it, thats a big bonus for us all.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    hear hear...

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    eh, why not.

msc_mule would probably be a good account name.

10. 0111000001100100

0111000001100100 Peasant

Market Rating:
    i think if you manage it properly, and only certain people can access it, like a mule team or something, along with all the other things proposed it would work out pretty good. I will volunteer my services for anything that i can do.

11. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    Voted for it.

Don't restrict the access too much, or you won't get much use out of it.

Besides moderators, Jake should only allow "Contributors" access to it ;)

12. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ok, made msc_Mule

I plan to getthe mules burned in this weekend, in fact have a game up now with them hanging out.

If anyone wants to join to get experience doing blood run or whatever, it's msc//clan.

I'd like to get them burned in before actually "opening" the account plus get an idea of how we actually want to run the account.

so far, for mules I'm thinking of this:

msc_Armor
    msc_Accessories (for rings, charms)
    msc_MissileWeap (bows, xbows, throwing weapons)
    msc_Mage Equip
    msc_RunesNJewels
    msc_Weaponry
    msc_SetCloset

13. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Mules are cool, but I hate lugging stuff around with my limited inventory space to offload onto a mule. I need the space for other drops and I don't want to mule it every other game =\

14. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm willing to contribute. I try to keep anything that might be useful, and unlike cow I'm willing to take a couple of extra minutes to help out.

15. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    zing!

16. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    zang!

17. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    cow is a bastard, that's why we love him.

18. sLonG

sLonG Peasant

Market Rating:
    well you see if you get a mule, some people play on west, east, europe, or asia. so i think it would be kind of unfair but you could find a management man from west, one for east, europe, asia. then there would be 4 mules so it all be fair (sorry my english is not my first language)

19. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well, like I said in the other thread... We have made a decision to play on USEast even though some people used USWest, etc... We did that just so that everyone would be on the same server.

20. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    the account is up and running, half the mules burned in, other half on their way.

Started putting some stuff on them, want to get them organized before we decide how to utilize the account (or how people will access).

I definately want items to go on the mules they belong, it takes a couple seconds to put them in the right place, saving time later so you don't have to search for an item.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea if only the mods and/or senior members (people who've been around awhile) have access to th acount, and handing things off to newer members.

Hitometer: 53,594,248 since 1995