Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

A quick history of mAc/mac realations as seen/experience by {mAc}_Rules

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rules, Aug 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rules

Rules Peasant

Market Rating:
    After reading various topics about mAc and mac and how we get along etc it seems people on both sides dont seem to remember or know exactly what happened. Lets hope i can help clear this up. Firstly i was part of and saw nearly everything the happened between mAc and mac(which ill just abbreviate to m&m which is easier to type) since the beginning. Firstly mAc never sought out or started the conflict between m&m Jakemen orginally approached us. He had found a old defunt section from one of our old sites before we moved to out new home at www.clan-mac.com. This section was realated about Diablo I and from its apperence it made mac apper to be small inactive and have around 5 members. Upon seeing this Jakeman decided to send a somewhat hostile and rather threatening email to Hunter. In which he more or less said "I see you have a small weak clan and i will give you the priveledge of joing my new power Mac gaming clan" of course as you can imagine if someone did this to you guys you would be threatened. Though i cant say for sure, though ti proberly true knowing hunter he proberly spammed E-mails back to Jakeman with constant uses of the word "fag" and "f**k". You can see the thing that started this was indeed an action by Jakeman a mistake yes, but he still did and should have done some more reasearch. Anyways a few days later we learned the channel you guys would use would orginally be called Clan mac i believe. Me and Hunter then saw your channel was empty to we went there and had ops, {mAc}Pureheart then joined the channel and we sat there for maybe 5 min. Then jakeman joined the channel and without us making threats banning or anything he begain to go nuts at us. He keep typing gimme ops to my channel and blah blah he then told us he had whatever qualifications and he didn't make idel threats and he would hack our website etc. We just sat there laughing and belive me Jakeman didn't help his image at all. He then went onto out forums saying me and hunter and pureheart had taken over the channel and whatever. Now leading up to this incident and during it people saw you guys as ripping us off. You had similar tags {mAc} and mac_, used the channel Clan mac we used mac and our website was clan-mac.com. We told Jakeman this and as u can see he never really did much about it. All this stuff lead to the channel war which alot of you remeber being banned by. Also to Jakeman threats about hacking the site though im not saying it was him someone got low lvl ftp access to the site and fryed the forums. Though trekkie had the backups up in like 5 min people blamed mac_ for it which didn't help. Finnaly about us joing your games. For the 1 and half years {mAc} was around before mac_ we always had our games in mac/mac and if that was full imac/imac. Suddenly you guys started playing mac/mac and using our game so like some people do people got mad about this and pked ppl in those games. How do you think we ot in your private games it wasn't on purpose but because you where were we normally went. Hopefuly i didn't leave stuff out i tried not to make it one sided. If i left anything out jakeman plse fill it in i just wanna try and shine some light on these shawdows of what people thought happened. Neither clan has/had completly clean hands so plse nobody make it sound that way. This is also not supposed to be a flaming or troll thread so plse dont make it into one.

2. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    i know i'm new here, but is anyone else sick of reading the same crap over and over?

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Um...I don't know about anyone else but I didn't read that. I saw a whole screen of text with no paragraphs. That really makes me not read something. Just a turn off, I'd suggest using paragraphs in the future.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    closed, no more please

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I'd like to see that letter, if you heard this from Hunter then are you sure of it's authenticity? I've never known Jakeman to be outwardly hostile. If he did, however, send an email that sounded more like this (which I believe is more likely), "Your clan appears rather small and inactive, since our clan is somewhat larger we were wondering if you'd like to join us", then there is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with that, it was a kind gesture, not one warranting harrassing replies. Per the last sentence, if it were worded politely like that, hell no I wouldn't feel threatened.

Like I said, I would expect Jakeman to have sent a polite email offering a merger, not an outright flame "forcing" you guys to join. In that case it would not be Jakeman's fault at all, but rather Hunter's for over reacting.

This doesn't sound like Jakeman to me at all. I could understand him getting angry and threatening your website and all, but what your were doing was wrong. Getting your shits and giggles from watching Jakeman go nuts because you invaded his channel and refused ops privs is wrong, your bad.

What a crock. Who says we ripped you guys off, your members? How the heck does {mAc} and mac_ look similiar? Can someone not tell them apart? We used the clan mac channel because we are the mac clan, makes sense doesn't it?

Why is this here, unless you imply Jakeman was involved? Who blamed us, your members again?

Hmm, your game? Better communication in your clan would have averted this, we have as much right to use mac/mac as you guys do.

Unbiased? Probably not. Both clans being guilty? Of course. Shadows? No I don't think so, me being the exception, most everyone here at MAC is a veteran, and knows what exactly happened. You retelling history doesn't help.

--Haite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Hitometer: 53,812,870 since 1995