Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

A question regarding cheating

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Onisama, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    That would last about 4 days in my house. Lets just say that I eat sooo much cheese that I went off the top of the Cholesterol scale on my last blood profile at work. I think I came in at about 210. I need to correct that.

2. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I should add that with all that cheese I eat I still somehow weigh 190 lbs (6 foot tall).

3. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hm............I am still totally against dupe, maybe thats why i never get any good items

4. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Now, duping cheese...:D

5. BrakShow

BrakShow Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's been a while since I posted, so I thought I'd chime in on this one. I agree with Moose, Jalepeno Jack is some good stuff.

But seriously...to Oni's point trading for duped items is kinda against clan rules, but Jakeman admits to having done it so apparently it's not. Hmmm quite the dilema, I think I'd better stick with the cheeeeeeze. I'm eating cheeze flavored goldfish right now...jealous? Huh?

6. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I enjoy the occational cheese flavored goldfish. I am a little jealous. I'll get over it.

To the best of my knowledge I have never owned a duped item or an item that was from packet sniffing. Would I use one if I had the chance, that I am not sure of. I would need to be put into the situation to see how I would react. That's it from me on this topic!

7. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    cheating is bad.. mmkay?

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Ummmmm...... nuff said.

Remember that all you ever need to know in life was learned in Kindergarten....

- Don't hit
    - Don't bite
    - Don't say bad things
    - Don't cheat
    - Be nice
    - Say your sorry if you did something bad
    - Being wrong is OK, just say your sorry
    - Don't lie
    - Hug your mom
    - Hug your dad
    - Tell them you love them
    - Give Aunt Gladis a kiss even if she smells funny

9. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    What are your thoughts on cottge cheese? I for one don't think it is really a cheese, it's just baby puke looking, "stuff"

10. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    hmm, I think it is created by the same process as regular cheese. Just sort of gets cut off about halfway through (or something like that).

Cottage cheese is one of those weird things I get a craving for once or twice a year, but it has to be just right. Very cold, more solid than runny, with salt and pepper. Nothing else.

I prefer a nice sharp cheddar though. Or a gouda Edam. :)

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Everyone I know thinks I am weird for eating cottage cheese with salt and pepper. Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks this is good. :D

12. crassius(bhg)

crassius(bhg) Peasant

Market Rating:
    I feel that if you cheat, you are not a "team" player, and I do not want to have people around me that are cheaters. So, if this get's me in trouble, so be it! I follow the clan's rules and do not cheat.

13. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    sigh, honestly I had no idea that the lance I traded for was duped. I didn't find out until after I traded it for the 24 sojs. And sojs are a different story. Sure, there are duped stones, but... ummm, yeah. Ya know?

Intentional cheating is wrong. Indirect cheating is questionale. But where Diablo 2 is concerned it's almost impossible not to "cheat" (if you count coming into contact with duped items as cheating). Blizzard is trying very hard to eliminate the problem of dupes though. That's why we use closed characters so we don't have to worry about this stuff. You can't cheat with closed characters. Of course there is the loophole of some duped items along the way though. It's not worth worrying ourselves over though. I mean seriously. :nod:

14. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    One positive thing has come out of this since Blizzard fixed duping in 1.05- SOJs can't be duped anymore and so they are going up in value- those 24 SOJs you get could soon get you 2x what they were worth before.

And i have a question: WHY would somebody trade 24 SOJs for somethin that was duped? you could find someone that has the same lance if it was duped, and trade for MUCH less (assuming they had the lance and you wanted it). If an item can be duped, shouldn't it's value go down the toilet when everyone has a copy?

15. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hmmm, I shall have to try that. Usually the CC I get is too dry. I HATE THAT! Ecch! Needs a little moisture...

16. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    its not impossible to not cheat, your just rationalizing your actions, BAD JAKEMAN! ive never cheated, oni has never cheated, mikeys never cheated. I know i have never cheated because a) i dont trade, b) i dont accidentally find good stuff on the ground, or id i do i return it to its owner.

cheaters= :retard:

17. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Sheesh, I've got two dual leech rings which are both well known dupes on West, but if that makes me a "cheater" then sorry, I'll trade 'em away. Also, on the subject of stone value, since when did they go back up? At least on West they're at an all time low, 4 perfect skulls for 1 SOJ? Gimme a break!

--Haite

18. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    arrggg

guys, I didn't start this thread so it would devolve into members calling other members cheaters and people getting upset by it. I really just wanted to know where "we" stood on the issue as a whole.

time to move on to cheerier topics

19. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    mm jalapeno chedder cheese dip

20. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    you guys don't understand. When an item is said to be duped that means that at one time there was a loop hole in bnet that allowed people to dupe and that the item in question was an item that somebody mass duped. Blizzard fixes these loop holes very quickly though. It's not like I can just dupe a lance and trade the duped one and keep the original or something. There are a set number of those duped items on bnet. It's not like Diablo 1.

Hitometer: 53,595,448 since 1995