Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

a new distraction

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Autolycus, Oct 26, 2000.

1. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    the picture says it all...

[​IMG]

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    lol, funny.

------------------
    [​IMG]
    ----Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!
    http://www.cowofwar.com

3. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    Big deal, the PS2 sucks. Dreamcast is better.

------------------
    This! This is my boom stick!

4. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    at least thats what people who have no idea what they're talking about say

5. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    WTF??? You don't know what your talking about!!! If you think the PS2 can do 71 million triangles per second, then you sadly mistaking. Those specs were done on a PS2 with over a gigabyte of ram. The shipping version only has 32MB (24 system, 4 video, 4 sound), so in reality it can only do 15 million triangles per second. Even though the Dreamcast can only do 11 million triangles per second, the games for it actually look better than PS2 games. Plus it supports online play and costs $100 less. But anyway you slice it the PC will always reign supreme. [​IMG]

------------------

6. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    BTW... The Game Cube is going to be the best gaming system. It has better hardware and is much easier to program than the PS2. I predict it will tromp the X-Box. The X-Box won't get all the cool games like Zelda and Metroid.

------------------

7. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Zelda is the only console game worth playing (for hours on end I might add. hehe)

------------------
    lamo mac boy

8. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    and hey, the dreamcast is the only system on the market (console) with Fsaa... look real close to the PS2 picts... or on the tv commercials you don't even have to look close... they are jam packed full of jaggies... ewwwww. The DC just makes me say ahhh

------------------
    Okay I pulled the pin...
    NOW WHAT?

9. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ummm... I have a PS2 and it definitely rocks the living crap out of my Dreamcast... PS2 DOES have internet support, and Firewire Support, and two USB ports... And if you want a damn good looking game you need go no further than Madden '01, the Bond Game or the new Res Evil game... And Jakeman I beg to differ about the long hours wasted on Zelda... It took me like 18 hours to beat my first time through and I wasted a helluva a lot more time on Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy VII & VIII... This might sound a little *****y but I slept outside my white trash local Walmart to get my hands on one of the 12 systems for my community and it is a good damn system... damn it...=)

Kal

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Stupid question, but is PS2 the PlayStation 2? Just asking....

Was gonna try to get one for my son for Christmas...I guess they are out on the market???

Please don't make fun of an old man and his stupid questions....I'm only 84 years old, ya know....

------------------
    The most difficult choice to make ...is to make one...

11. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kalgareth:
    Ummm... I have a PS2 and it definitely rocks the living crap out of my Dreamcast... PS2 DOES have internet support, and Firewire Support, and two USB ports... And if you want a damn good looking game you need go no further than Madden '01, the Bond Game or the new Res Evil game...
    Kal
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The PS2 does have internet support, but you have to buy a modem add on. The Dreamcast comes with a built in modem, and has great internet support. Sony has yet to show how ell it supports online gaming.

------------------

12. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    well at least kalg and i agree that DC may be good, but PS2 is better. the rest of you can go back to playing whatever DC game you think looks nicer than madden '01. from what i've seen madden is the prettiest game on the market, and fun as hell too. my thing has always been action-rpg's and the final fantasy series, so i didnt have to think too much about which console to buy. i have Orphen to keep me busy for a few weeks and tekken tag tournament (which btw looks better than the arcade version).

what DO you DC people play anyway?

13. mac_trap

mac_trap Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'd be all for Dreamcast if the controller wasn't built for a monkey. Ok, that and if it didn't skip...ok, that and if the whole company didn't have all its eggs in one basket, so that if Dreamcast fails it's over...anndd...well, there's a lot to be said for Dreamcast's abilities, unfortunately Sega is grasping at straws. Sure, they hit online gaming first, but who will hit it better and strongest? And there is no reason to think Sega won't just dump and run on this system as soon as it starts looking bad (Re: Master System, Sega-CD, Saturn, the plans for a DVD add-on). The whole gaming industry is bizarre and a crap shoot right now. X Box sure looks like a sure thing, but so did Dreamcast, PS2, and Dolphin=Gamecube at some point if not currently. No sense taking sides, just get some games and have fun...(but I'll be biting my lip and gritting my teeth if I by the XBox--anything from the Microsoft monolith is creepy).

------------------
    db
    www.skewedperspective.com

14. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'll confess that I haven't looked at either system.

In the past I purchased other products from sega and sony. I've been quite happy with Sony and very disappointed with Sega.

Customer loyalty means something here, and in another year I will probably get myself a PS2.

as for the X-Box, heh. You don't get any of my money Bill. [​IMG]

15. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    ugh, Dreamcast blows out the *** , its clunky, ugly, breaks if you move it wrong and has VERY few games compaired to other systems
    ------------------
    One time when i was young, i fell off my bike and i went crying to my father and he said to me, "Boy you think thats pain, HA! thats nothing why when i was in Nam i ****** some zipperhead with razer blades in her cookie, NOW THATS PAIN!" damn f'ed up childhood..... - The collected works of Jake Maurer (aka Hannibal)

[This message has been edited by Hannibal (edited 10-27-2000).]

16. Dark_Warrior

Dark_Warrior Peasant

Market Rating:
    and PS2 is getting better games.....dreamcast games SUCK

------------------
    "Never stop until your good becomes better, and your better becomes the best" Frank Zappa

17. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    amen to that dark

------------------
    One time when i was young, i fell off my bike and i went crying to my father and he said to me, "Boy you think thats pain, HA! thats nothing why when i was in Nam i ****** some zipperhead with razer blades in her cookie, NOW THATS PAIN!" damn f'ed up childhood..... - The collected works of Jake Maurer (aka Hannibal)

18. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Gamecube has a broadband modem option.

------------------
    [​IMG]
    ----Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!
    http://www.cowofwar.com

19. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:

Hitometer: 53,852,874 since 1995