Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

9/11

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterHalleck, Sep 11, 2002.

1. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Everyone says that today is the "Day America Changed"... its so bogus and commercialized. Like Jake aid once, patriotism is just as bad as religion... Amerca didn't change, if anything it took a hit and rebounded. Our culture isnt any different. We arent spending half of our GDP on warfare like in WW2. Grrr... There is not one person besides myself at school who is not wearing RW&B.

2. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    I agree that this "Day of Remembrance" is over comercialized but fail to see how that has anything to do with Patriotism or Religion. I think you might be confusing Patriotism with some type of brainwashing. Remember this day as you wish. If you just think it should be another day on the Calendar then treat it as such. It is your right. But in the same light let all those other people deal with the situation as they want to also. Complaining isn't gonna change the reality of the situation. Personally I am gonna get together with some friends and drink till the wee hours of the morning. Why "mourn" when you can "celebrate" I say.

Kal

3. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Bush, that little government beeotch he made today "Patriot Day"

If you ask me, there should be a law saying that no memorial or holiday can be made until 50 years aftert the event ocired, that would give people time to put things in historical perspective

4. filburt1

filburt1 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Patriot-anything sucks. But 9/11 was a historical event nonetheless.

5. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well wait 50 years and see if we dont have a nuclear war or anything. It's not that hard to wait is it?

I DO like the idea of a memeorial where the footprints of the original towers are replaced by square pools and a new pair of identical towers are built next to the old ones... That would look nice even if it wasnt a memorial...

6. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Just build over top and place two small statues. One of Bin Laden and another of Space Ghost givin' him the finger.

My cousin, who is staying with us, had the utter stupidity of saying "I just have a bad feeling that Bin Laden is going to try something today." :rolleyes: What? He suddenly turned psychic? Give me a break man. You're just letting yourself get nervous over an event that happened a whole year back.

We remembered the lost during this year, now some people are remembering them hopefully one last time. The best revenge is to act like it's business as usual, that way Bin Laden didn't do as much as he had hoped.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2002
  7. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    Today, sadly, every shirt I saw with an american flag on it, had big bold words that said POLO on it. Like you said, america is making money off of this ****, lol, oh well. I'm moving to scotland.

8. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Say hi to Duncan MacLeod for me. :wave:

Scotland rocks. I'd love to live there.

9. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Why does anything patriotic suck? I like my country for the things it does that helps other, but hate it for the capitilist pigs that run it. Blind patriotism is sticking a flag on your Ford Expidition or GMC Suburban, Blind patriotism is saying Bush ahndled the events of 911 great, Blind patriotism is taking anything for granted and thinking, "Oh, Bin Laden lives in Afgahn, lets go **** up that country because he may or may not be there"

Patriotism, it has to be placed in perspective, 3k people died from the terrorist attacks, oh well, 35k children die everyday because they starve. Yet more than 200,000 are born everyday. While 911 was tragic to some, those who lost a loved one, it does not reach my heart.

10. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    I agree with a lot of what you say Mud. I truly do. Blind Patriotism is the antithesis of true Patriotism. Look at Germany in the 30s (I know I am overstating that era.. but I hope you see the parallels). But saying that the reality for many of a year ago doesn't "reach your heart" is a bit harsh imho. People died. Families were devastated. That is it. There shouldn't be a distinction between American casualties and any others around the globe. And that is what frickin kills me about the American reaction. When we don't feel sympathy for others whether at home or abroad we turn away from a part of our own humanity. There is nothing that makes me distraught then this fact. And today I have been flooded with this narrowmindedness. It is a sad day.

Kal

11. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I wore red white and blue today, but this shirt with a flag on it is two years old and these jeans are almost one. Let's separate capitalism and patriotism in future context, mm'kay?

12. 0111000001100100

0111000001100100 Peasant

Market Rating:
    lmao space ghost, where did that come from

Scotland may rock for vacation, but you don't want to live there...what are you gonna do w/ out broad band...and what job are you gonna have sheep herder, or potato farmer?

13. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    If i had the opportunity to push a button to bring back all the people that died, I would. Of course I have some sympathy for those people's families... Otherwise, I don't grieve for the death of people I never knew. I don't really care about it, and it doesn't affect me at all. People talk about how that day changed our way of life forever and other bull****, but nothing's changed. Well... there was a change, that was all the stupid patriotism and people talking about change. All I can hope for is that it will eventually be a day when we don't need to go to school. I read that several hundred suspects (connected to the hijackers) are being held captive in a US military base in cuba, so the constitutional rights don't apply to them. why the hell isn't anyone helping them out?

14. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i woke up this morning to incessant honking. everyone in their cars on the street was honking for like forever. **** all of you. let me sleep! :mad:

oh and there was a hot chick at school today wearing a skin-tight red white and blue outfit. i hated the fact that she was wearing those colors but i was like :drool:

15. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I didn't hear any honking by me. I woke up at 4:00 anyway, so I guess it wouldn't matter to me

16. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Uh... I wasn't aware that the US had a military base in Cuba. How handy should they want to attack that communist nation. ;)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2002
  17. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hmm...Today I went to school, and didn't hear a thing about it except for something on the radio. I immediately changed stations.

18. Disco Cat

Disco Cat Peasant

Market Rating:
    There were a few handful of kids at my school who were wearing shirts with american flags on them (I guess that is supposed to mean someting to the US, which will never know), and then one kid out of all of them had a shirt that said on it "God Bless Afghanistan". I found it slightly amusing. Like a black sheep in a flock of white sheep.

19. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    have you been reading National Enquirer again?

20. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    PRAISE BE TO ALLAH

ALLAH IS GREAT

KAMAKAZI!!1111!!11!! *AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH* *BOOM*

Hitometer: 53,939,539 since 1995