Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

8 mile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Nov 11, 2002.

1. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Re: I don't know...

But you always have to make sure that you aren't looking for something that isn't there.

2. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm 28 :D and I remember when everyone said rap was a fad and would never last. Course maybe someone said something like that about disco too? and look at how popular that is now, retro is in.

Personally I'm not sure if I'd be willing to sift through the lyrics to catch any redeeming qualities. People say Quentin Terrantino is a genius, and all I see is a man who knows how to fit 500 swear words into a 499 word paragraph. Sure Pulp Fiction was good, the story was good, but the excessive swearing is not essential to the telling of a good story. I'd put the same principal to Enemin. He may have talent, but I honestly don't see it. Maybe some people talk like that, but no one I know. To be honest, I had a gutter mouth, until a guy came up to me and told me how unattractive swearing really is. I thought about it and realized he was right. Who really wants to be around someone who can't express themselves in words other than trailer trash gutter talk.

If I drop something on my foot I may say a few choice words, but it's not in my everyday vocabulary. After all, I really don't want to look like one of those poor fools who end up on Springer or any other trashy talk show.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2002
  3. Disco Cat

Disco Cat Peasant

Market Rating:
    You mean an actor?

But yes, swearing is pointless, and there's always another word you can choose to say the same thing more or less. I'm told all the time that swearing is unattractive as well (I have a bit of a bad habit when it comes to swearing).

Last edited: Nov 13, 2002
  4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I would never even think of saying such naughty words!

:D

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    how rare is this? :p

Hitometer: 53,721,150 since 1995