Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

45min Baron Run

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Calendryll, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I need to do this quest now. If anyone would like to help me out sometime let me know. This is going to have to be one hell of a fast and efficient group.

2. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    im down, i will be on that part soon. i tried this once in PTR, if the group is able to avoid some trash groups, this is not as hard, but everyone has to pay attention to aggro for this run to work.

3. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Seems like a 5-man 45-min run is gonna be a real skill test...

4. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Indeed it shall be.

Posts are all over the boards about how it sucks, too hard, blah, blah, blah.

The patch is a whole 4 days old and people are pissy because they can't zerg it like they used to.

5. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    In the patch a group shadow protection book was introduced, giving +60 res and lasting 20 min. from thott, i guess it drops in strat, possibly live side. i think it would be a really good idea to get that book before we try to run 45 min baron, that shadow protection will be very helpful, especially on the baron himself.

6. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Priests have had the shadow resist buff since the beginning. The book is just a full-party buff, rather than the single-target version Priests have automatically.

7. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    I ran through on a 45 min baron run today in a 5 hunter group. We wtf pwned everything in sight. Three bosses down with 15 min to go, we screwed around a lot and wiped after that trying to just run through a bunch of mobs. It wasnt a serious run to start with but the best group ive had doing it yet. Who would have thought? The five of us may try it for real sometime if we catch each other on again.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Nerf hunters.

P.S. Firemane is ready for her sprint through Stratholme.

9. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    If you need a 5th I'd be down :D

10. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    http://www.faultymoose.com/gauntlet.jpg

Can someone take a look at this? It's supposed to have the fastest way mapped out with some additional hints. I dont have time to look at it right now.

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    This is the route Beo tried to take us on last night. Pulls I, J, K, and L look tricky to me. Notice the banshees in the middle of the road are skipped, which means everyone has to be against the wall all the time. We have been killing those. On our route killing the banshee in front of Maleki's tower is mandatory. It looks like there are less pulls on this route than on the one we've been following, but it's very close, a matter of one or two. Still, considering how close we've come, those one or two pulls may make the difference.

Gargoyle patrols are not marked on this map, which is another difference between the routes. For example, the gargoyle patrol that passes in front of the Baroness's tower we have been killing due to our route, but on the map he can be skipped if you are careful pulling and entering/exiting the tower.

My observations:

1. This run is ALL about DPS. Even tanks should be doing as much DPS as possible, especially on the banshees with their magic immune bubbles. Aggro issues are secondary, you just have to be able to survive pulling aggro. All players except healers should be geared and specced for DPS.

2. Crowd control needs to be timely and unbroken. Sheep, traps, and shackles that are late, resisted, or broken early can ruin the run.

3. Baroness fight can be a pain if you don't deal with possessions quickly. You have to DPS the possessed steadily but quickly down to 40% or so, without any heavy nukes that may kill the player. Also, as we learned last night, burn your cooldowns like Intimidating Shout before pulling the Baroness.

4. Someone has to be able to solo the Ziggurats so the other four can keep pulling. Jaden can do it, but I have had issues with it. I'm either doing it wrong, or J's gear makes up the difference, or both.

5. The same someone has to be able to move in and out of the Ziggurats without pulling aggro on the skipped mobs. Again, I have had issues with this.

6. The bad crates are a major annoyance, consuming time and mana. Unfortunately they cannot always be avoided if wall hugging is necessary.

7. Regardless of route, the timing seems to be: First two bosses dead by 30:00. Maleki dead by 20:00 (18:00 at the latest). Abom event started by 15:00, and chain pull those bastards as quickly as possible without risking a wipe. Ramstein dead by 4:00 to allow for the time sink of the undead parade and the six elite skeletons. Skeletons dead by 1:00 so you have time to run into the Baron's chamber and drink before pulling.

12. Beowulf

Beowulf MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    That's a nice map Cal, nice find. When I've done it we skipped mobs 30-35, and pulled the spider and two ghouls to the right of that instead, and done the "I" pull from the location of those two ghouls; then mob 36 and 37 in the "L" pull.

I'll post the write-up I just did for our guys in a separate post.

13. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    I counted 28 mobs needed cleared they route you guys were doing before we helped (in order to get to and engange Melik)

26 Mobs the strat we were trying to execute, and 27 mobs as the map that Cal just posted...

So it looks like it really boils down to how effciently you can deal with the groups you pull...

14. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's a killer map! Thanks =). /yoink!

15. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Success!

Last night Shack, Jaden, Calendryll, Firemane, and Gracieux (pickup priest) finally cleared this hurdle!

Took two attempts. The first one we reached Baron with a little under 5 to go but he appeared to 2-shot Shack with a lucky Mortal Strike crit. With no one else to tank that was that.

Second attempt was even better with the timing. First Abom was pulled with 20-plus minutes left, and we had over 7 minutes left when the "hockey team" fell and we entered the Slaughterhouse. I'm not sure exactly what if anything we did different on the second fight, Shack may have gone in bubbled. In any case he was able to live through the first few hits and we burned the Baron down, and there was much rejoicing.

:banana: :aparty: :beerbang: :cheers:

There was some speculation after the first wipe that Baron may hit harder if you make it to him in time. Don't know if that's true or if we were just unlucky.

Bottom line, I think we've got this thing more or less figured out, so we'll be able to get everyone through it as they need it. :D

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  16. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Good job everyone. Grats!! :yipee:

:bowdown:

17. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    :aparty:

Coolness.

18. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    We did this yesterday with a mage(me), 2 priest, hunter, and warrior. We were doing fine until the warrior decided to charge into a group when our priest are at 1/3 mana. 9 mobs came towards us and we managed to kill 7 before wiping. We killed Ramstein before time ran out but if it wasn't for the warrior we would've got it easy.

19. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Good job on your accomplishment. It requires a lot of teamwork and people that know what they're doing to get that done.

20. Beowulf

Beowulf MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Gratz guys! Glad to hear that!

Hitometer: 53,579,003 since 1995